Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2014 (and 2015) Jeep Grand Cherokee shows an early trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.

We are keeping an eye on things but the 2014 Grand Cherokee doesn't look like a good model year compared to past years.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Apr 172015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the gear shift switched to different gears independently without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the vehicle operated as designed. In addition, in rainy weather, the defrost system failed to operate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician informed the contact to set the system inside to the same temperature outside. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 100.

- Venice, FL, USA

Apr 242015

Grand Cherokee

HVAC system not working correctly; system cycles off/on rapidly and unable to maintain desire internal temperature of Jeep. Has been taken to Jeep dealer twice in 3 weeks without having situation fixed. Jeep service manager states "we know of issue, have no repair at this time, but not considered an official problem by Chrysler at this time". I am left with a brand new Jeep that has a malfunctioning A/C and heater which can't be repaired and will not be replaced by dealer. I am in a very difficult position, please help.

- Denver, CO, USA

Jun 122014

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

Sitting in parking lot with air conditioner on & suddenly ac started blowing hot air. Climate control automatically turned itself off. When I turned it to max ac it blew cold air. Then I returned it back to ac and it blew cold air again. Approximately 2 weeks later, mph at 60, same thing happened. When I took it in for service, technician explained it as coils freezing up because of humidity. No action was performed.

- Roland, AR, USA

Jun 212014

Grand Cherokee

Vehicle traveling at 5 mph, A/C on max, fan speed at highest setting. A loud "pop", followed by a rush of refrigerant through the vents. The vents had been pointed directly at my face and I immediately started choking. Within 3 seconds, the entire interior had been flooded with this dense fog of refrigerant. I could not see, I could not breathe, I thought my Jeep was trying to kill me. I managed to stop the vehicle, open the door and exit before I choked to death. I opened all of the doors and let the vehicle "air out" before getting back in to drive home. The vehicle is being serviced at the dealer right now. The failure is a leak in the evaporator coil.

- Alliance, OH, USA

Nov 132013

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that when the air conditioning system was activated, it would only disburse air at temperatures of 130-150 degrees Fahrenheit. The vehicle was taken for diagnosis however, the dealer was unable to diagnose the defect. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacture was contacted. The approximate failure mileage was 3,000. The current failure mileage was 5,981.

- Yorkville, IL, USA