CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 (and 2015) Jeep Grand Cherokee shows an early trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.

We are keeping an eye on things but the 2014 Grand Cherokee doesn't look like a good model year compared to past years.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 3 of 11)

Mar 022015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that while attempting to enter a highway, suddenly the vehicle failed to accelerate over 35 mph. The vehicle was merged to the side of the road, where the engine was restarted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician was unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. Several weeks later, while driving 15 mph the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer, who was unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 7,000.

- Deptford , NJ, USA

Feb 022015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the automatic brake warning system would automatically activate. The failure occurred over twenty times while the cruise control was not engaged. The contact reached out to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The dealer was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 5,000.

- Tigard, OR, USA

May 042015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V634000(electrical system) and 14V391000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Manorville, NY, USA

Jul 172015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While parked, the ignition would not turn over. The failure recurred on one other occasion. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the cpu electronic system needed to be reprogrammed. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 25,000.

- Delray Beach, FL, USA

Mar 302015

Grand Cherokee

Water leaking into the battery box and vehicle frame.

- Rineyville, KY, USA

Jul 152015

Grand Cherokee

I was driving down the road today and my turns signals got stuck on again! this isn't the first time this has happened and this is not the first complaint I have filed. I have had my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee back to the dealership service department four times for this same issue. I have been told all four times that they cannot duplicate the problem. I have two videos of my turn signals getting stuck on and my dash flashing and reading the incorrect speed but the service department continues to tell me that they cannot duplicate it. Well, today there was almost an accident because of it. My turn signals got stuck on and another car pulled out in front of me and I almost hit them, they obviously thought I was turning, which I was not but yet again my turn signals were stuck on. Fca is fully aware of this issue. I have called them numerous times but they have no solution for me. I feel completely unsafe in my Jeep Grand Cherokee and it is just an accident waiting to happen.

May 122014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V643000 (electrical system) for the occupant restraint control module. The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 09/09/15 updated 12/10/15

- Fayettville, NC, USA

Jan 012015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V643000 (electrical system); however, the repair part was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jul 052015

Grand Cherokee

I was driving home from work on 7/5/15 and my dash started flashing. It was reading the incorrect speed and mileage and I could not get it to stop. I have contacted my Jeep dealer service department and fca about this. This is not the first time this has happened. I have been complaining about the speedometer, odometer and the dash flashing since August 2014 but everytime I have taken it in for service I have been told that they cannot duplicate the problem. Well this time I took a video of it happening. My speedometer would read my traveling 30mph then all the way down to 20mph and then all the way up to 40mph all in my 22 second video! I have no idea how fast I was really going and the flashing is very disstracting to try and drive and pay attention to the road. I have told fca for almost a year now that I do not feel my Jeep Grand Cherokee is safe and I continue to have more and more electrical problems with it even after the recalls were completed and I have yet to hear anything from them. I called and complained so much to them that they asked me to stop calling.

Sep 252013

Grand Cherokee

My 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee has been a complete nightmare to lease. I am a returning Jeep customer and this is my 5th Chrysler leased product. This all started only one week (September 2013) after leasing the 2014 Grand Cherokee with the entire dashboard going black. Because of this I was not able to drive it for over three weeks and at that point there still was not a fix. The dealer and service dept (dick scott Dodge) were not helpful at all regarding this matter. Finally I switched to golling and the service manager quickly researched the issue and ordered a new part. Thank goodness for golling!! Chrysler's case manager was useless and never resolved the issue! the recall was not issued until December. Since this time I have experienced a complete transmission replacement as well as 5 recalls all in the first year of leasing. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I do not trust this Jeep at all and will not be leasing another one. I am just so glad that I only have a little over a year left on my lease. This product has been a huge problem. I am always questioning the safety of this Jeep when I put my two young children in it. I have never had 5 recalls on a leased car and I have been leasing for over 17 years.

- Novi, MI, USA

Nov 242014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Baytown, TX, USA

Jun 262015

Grand Cherokee

Vehicle shut off during running.

- Aguada, PR, USA

Jun 212015

Grand Cherokee

I was driving to work today and all of a sudden I smelled a burning smell in the front of my car and all the lights lit up on my dash and my digital speedometer started going up and down in speed but I was not going any faster or slower. This is not the first time I have smelled something burning in my Jeep. I had it in for service on 5/515 and it was there until 6/8/15 for these same kind of problems. All my dealership keeps doing is flashing the software and telling me it is fixed. I no longer feel safe driving my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have had so many electrical problems that are not getting fixed. My transmission takes so long to shift gears and sometimes gets stuck in neutral while I am driving, my tires constantly feel like they are slipping and I do not feel like I have complete control of the vehicle because of it. I have a six year old child that rides in my Jeep everyday and I do not feel safe putting them in it. I have tried to call fca and they refuse to talk to me or help me with a resolution to these problems. I just want to feel safe when I am driving and also to feel safe putting my child in my vehicle and at this point I do not feel safe in my Grand Cherokee anymore and it is a shame.

Aug 092014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

I was on the I-94 entrance/exit ramp between fullerton avenue and western avenue. Just before western ave: The left lane is intended for vehicles entering I-94 northbound, the right lane is intended for vehicles that are proceeding to western ave. When the even occurred, there was a line of vehicles stopped in the left lane due to traffic congestion on I-94. I was traveling in the right lane and had no cars directly in front of me. As I began to pass the long line of vehicles that were waiting to enter on to I-94 on my left, the automatic braking system began to chime and braking began for no reason. I quickly reached down, disabled the ABS function, glanced in my rear-view mirror and saw that I had come dangerously close to being rear-ended by another vehicle. After a few weeks, I re-enabled the feature thinking that the event was a fluke. I re-enabled it, but had a handful of instances where the brakes would be applied in seemingly inappropriate situations - mostly all of them in dense city driving. The vehicle now has 10K miles on it. I have yet to take it in for service on this or the multitude of factory recalls. Possibly related, there have been numerous occasions where the parking sensor chimes have gone off while the vehicle was moving -or- in gear, but stopped at a stoplight. I often leave the feature disabled until I get ready to park.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 092015

Grand Cherokee

I was driving to work on June 9,2015 and I used my turn signal to switch lanes and all of a sudden they would not turn off! the turn signals were flashing back and forth between left and right the entire way to work. I got to the parking lot and I turned my Jeep Grand Cherokee off and I went into work for my 16 hour shift thinkning they would go off by the time I was done working but I was wrong, they were still flashing when I started my Jeep again! they blinked for about half my 45 minute drive home and then they just turned off. The next day I took my Jeep to my local dealer and showed them the video I took while I was sitting in the parking lot of them flashing and told them I wanted it fixed because it is a safety hazard and I put my child in this vehicle everyday and having these kind of electrical problems were unsafe. Well they called today 6/18/15 and said they cannot duplicate the problem so they cannot fix it! even though I have a video as proof! I am afraid to pick up my Jeep. I feel it is unsafe for the road and unsafe to put my child in but they could really care less and said I have to pick it up. I am not looking forward to picking it up because it has become such a safety hazard but my local Jeep dealer will not fix it even though it is still under manufacturer warranty. Updated 8/21/15

May 142015

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While driving approximately 60 mph, the warning indicators illuminated and the brakes engaged independently. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 19,000. The VIN was not available. Updated 7/29/15

- Chattanoogat, TN, USA

Jun 152015

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic), 14V391000 (electrical system), 14V634000 (electrical system), and 14V643000 (air bags, seat belts). The parts were unavailable to perform the repairs. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. MA 09/03/15 updated 12/10/15

- Vansant, VA, USA

Dec 182014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Merrick, NY, USA

May 052015

Grand Cherokee

My 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee has been at beaver county Dodge Chrysler Jeep since 5/5/2015. It was taken in for stalling issue, odometer adding excess miles, touch screen radio going black, seat belts that do not tighten and other various recalls. My Jeep has not left their parking lot since 5/8/2015 I called today 5/22/2015 and it is still not finished they stated. I have paid an entire month on my lease and I have not driven my vehicle. The service department has not made one attempt to fix my Jeep and I am not sure when I will ever get it back at this point. The dealership and fca have been giving me the run around since August 2014 about fixing these problems that they state simply cannot be fixed at this time? I have been having these problems for 9 months now and the dealership and fca keep telling me that they have no resolution to my problems.

May 212015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Jackson , NJ, USA