Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee shows an early trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.

The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee also has the same transmission issues.

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 182014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

Third time of incident. While parallel parking, and shifting from reverse into drive, while foot is still on the brake the vehicle revs and lurches forward. 1st 2 times involved parking on snow/ice. Today, with a dry street and sneakers, vehicle began to rev. I attempted to shift into park to avoid lurching forward but failed to do so in time. When vehicle revs, I hold onto steering wheel and press brake with all my strength but unable to prevent the forward movement.

- Denver, CO, USA

Mar 112015

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

I was driving down the road, with my foot steady on the gas, and the transmission shifted hard (8 speed automatic) and lunged my car forward without any pressure on the gas pedal. Then it continued to shift hard and lunge until I reached and maintained 40 mph ( in which my Jeep put the transmission into 8th gear at a steady 1000 RPM). This has happened multiple times since, and sometimes when I remote start the Jeep, it will give off a very loud high pitched whining sound for about a minute, then stops.

- Belmar, NJ, USA

Mar 032015

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

Driving at highway speed the yellow check engine light illuminated and shortly after this the engine shut off. There was roughly 1/4 tank of fuel when this occurred. No low fuel warning light, engine roughness or other symptoms were noted prior to engine shutting down. Vehicle coasted to side of highway and would not restart. Vehicle would crank but not fire. Vehicle was towed to local Jeep dealer and no issues was found. Vehicle was returned ~1 week later with comments from dealer tech that no issues were found and it will likely happen again.

- Brighton, MI, USA

Mar 142015

Grand Cherokee

A week prior to the major issue the vehicle was showing signs of mechanical problems. These problems included the wipers turning on when they were in the off position, simultaneously the radio cut out (this happened several times that day). The next day while driving to work at 6:30am the interior lights on the dash and doors blinked on and off several times. I contacted the dealership that day but was not able to get an appointment right away. Four days after this all started I was driving the vehicle going about 40 mph and slowed down to about 10-15 mph to make a right turn into a parking lot, I went to give the car gas to complete my turn and realized that the car had lost power. I coasted into a parking spot and looked down at the evic screen to realize the car was in neutral without my doing and would not restart itself. Many mechanical lights were popping up on the evic screen, which I took pictures of for records. I had the vehicle towed to the dealership that day.however I am scared that if they "fix" it, it could happen again. On Monday 3/16/15: The dealership told me that the wiper/radio issue was fixed with an "update" but the master tech that works for the dealership requested to drive my car home with him to make sure the problems are solved. I have never heard of a tech taking home a car before but I agreed to let him since I feel I am at the hands of Jeep mercy in fixing this issue. I am very displeased that a jgc depending on the model worth $40-70K has many complaints loaded against them with little end in sight of the company wanting to resolve these complaints. I refuse to put my safety and others safety in jeopardy! this company knows something is wrong with their cars and they do nothing about it but keep saying its a "software update". I have read the forums and many other people have similar issues, its not just "software".

- Clifton, NJ, USA