CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee shows an early trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.

The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee also has the same transmission issues.

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 282016

Grand Cherokee

I purchased a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 3.0 L ecodiesel engine in September of 2015. In less than a year from the date of purchase, the vehicle had major repairs including a complete engine replacement and an exhaust system replacement. Based on multiple service issues with vehicles with this diesel engine, my local Jeep dealership does not stock or sell the Grand Cherokee with this engine anymore. Fiat Chrysler America has been reluctant to acknowledge any problems or be of any assistance in this matter with the exception of "standard warranty repairs."

- Boulder, CO, USA

Sep 132016

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While driving 65 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. All of the lights on the instrument panel flickered on and off. The vehicle stalled on more than one occasion within the same day. In addition, the vehicle failed to shift into gear properly. The vehicle was towed to a Jeep dealer to be repaired. It was diagnosed that the BCM module needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 12,000.

- Longmont, CO, USA

Aug 052016

Grand Cherokee

I received the safety recall for the electronic shift lever not going to park. I scheduled an appointment with bob baker Jeep in carlsbad, ca to have the recall done. I went to drop it off. The Jeep dealer refused to do the work. I was told Jeep is no longer doing the recall.

- Rancho Santa Fe, CA, USA

Jan 202015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While driving approximately 18 mph, the vehicle hesitated and the engine revved without warning. The vehicle was taken to a local dealer who diagnosed and replaced the transmission and computer. The failure recurred and the vehicle was taken back to the dealer. The technician diagnosed and replaced the valve body. The failure recurred four times the manufacturer was made aware of the failure and assured the contact that the failure was covered by the warranty. The manufacturer referred the contact back to the dealer for more detailed diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 1,055...updated 11/21/16

- Powell, OH, USA

Jun 012016

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

I've contacted my dealer at ray brandt Chrysler Dodge Jeep located at 1660 westbank expy, harvey, la 70058 in reference to the important safety recall of the "auto park" feature. I explained to them that my vehicle may roll away, striking and injuring me, my wife, or baby even though the vehicle indicates it is in park. The employee advised that there is nothing that he can do. I then stated, "so, I'm am just suppose to hope that my vehicle does not slip out of gear?" I felt that this was a bit ridiculous and extremely unprofessional. I am unpleased with the way I was treated and the outcome of my service request. This needs to get rectified immediately or I will have to take further action. Thank you for your assistance in advance.

- Chalmette, LA, USA

Mar 052016

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact parked the vehicle and thought he turned off the engine. When the contact re-entered the vehicle, the engine was on. The contact activated the off button and had no indication that the engine was still on. The failure recurred numerous times. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 1,000.

- Castle Rock, CO, USA

Jun 212016

Grand Cherokee

I have a 2015 gran Cherokee while parked in my garage the Jeep rolled forward hitting the garage doors, called chysler was told there is a recall but I'm not doing it right " I asked, what placing the car in park" or buying a car that is a safety hazard !!!, we should have been warned this car was going to kill someone.!!!!

- Lowell, MA, USA

May 302016

Grand Cherokee

When driving my vehicle long distances on the highway then entering the city the transmission will shift hard between third and second gear. It will stay that way for a day and then after sitting for over 12 hours it will slowly start to go away. Jeep did on flash updates and was on able to resolve the problem. This problem is rampant among Jeep to include the Cherokee and renegade.

- Oak Harbor, WA, USA

Jun 042016

Grand Cherokee

Vehicle was put in park. I exited the car. Wife was sitting in car in passenger seat. Car was not moving. Wife exited car to retrieve item from house. Returned to find vehicle down the hill and in the woods.

- Waverly Hall, GA, USA

Jun 032016

Grand Cherokee

The vehicle locked when I was stopped in traffic in the highway, rendering the vehicle disabled in traffic while in drive. I pressed on the gas pedal but did not move. I hit my emergency lights placed the car in park and then shifted back to drive but got no movement. I then turned off the vehicle and restarted the vehicle and was able to move off the highway and took the surface streets to get home. I saw on this "site" there is a recall for 2016 models which is recall S28.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 172016

Grand Cherokee

Vehicle randomly brakes unintentionally for 5 to 10 seconds - engine and steering fail all at the same time. A loud collision warning along with red alert braking indicators. I informed a local dealership several months after purchase (summer 2015). They reported no specific codes or recalls. The issue has occurred multiple times. In all occurrences the vehicle was in motion including highway and city streets. For incidents I directly recall they occurred while driving in a straight line (mostly).

- Powder Springs, GA, USA

Apr 152016

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While the vehicle was parked, the radiator leaked a reddish color fluid onto the ground. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the radiator and hose ruptured. The radiator was replaced. In addition, the front driver and passenger side black wheel trim detached while the vehicle was being driven. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000.

- Katy, TX, USA

Oct 082015

Grand Cherokee

We bought our Grand Cherokee at falls motor city and they offered us a free first oil change. At 7000 miles we took it in had the oil change. Dealer never reset oil light drove it home next day engine light is on. Found oil in everything. Took to another Jeep dealer they did a software update saying that was issue. That didnt fix it. Second time they changed crankcase sensor since it had oil in it. Still didnt fix it. 3rd time they replaced the crankcase cover for oil cap since it was leaking. After 7000 miles they found that the Jeep had 11 quarts of oil in it and it was supposed to only have 8 in it. The owners manual says 8 quarts but I have found online other people have has more then 8 quarts in their eco diesel. Due to this we had lost 5mpg and used excessive amount of def. Falls motor city said that there wont be any issue now that the other dealer put the correct amount of oil in it. There is still oil in everything. The mileage has gone back up some but still not getting what it used to be. Im worried now that later on down the road the motor will fail or something on the motor will fail due to oil being pushed everywhere else since it was overfilled. This all happened back in October 2015 and just the end of Jan is when everything was figured out too much oil was put in. Only thing I can think of is Chrysler messed up and had in their systems that the eco diesel was supposed to take 11 quarts and not 8 since other vehicles have had that much put in also at the dealer. It says 8 quarts in the owners manual.

- Brunswick, OH, USA

Nov 012015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V676000 (engine and engine cooling); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Lindenwold, NJ, USA

Jan 142016

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While the vehicle was parked in the garage without the key in the ignition, it was discovered that the vehicle had independently started. The contact entered the garage on two occasions without the key fob in his pocket and the vehicle was not running. The doors were locked. The contact depressed the door open button on the fob, unlocked the vehicle, and powered the vehicle off. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 25,550.

- Glenview, IL, USA

Nov 052015

Grand Cherokee

I bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee and the transmission went out on the car going down a mountain! thank god for brakes as there was no control of the vehicle. The dealership replaced the car with one that is identical. It is brand new and I have had it for 3 weeks and it is doing the exact same thing as the other one. It gets stuck in gears. Engine stalls and revs up when changing gears! I fear for my life in this vehicle. Also, water pours from the base of the exhaust pipes. Not from the tips.. it unreal how much water pours out of the back of the vehicle!! this is a bad seriously grave situation! I called fletcher Dodge Jeep in sherwood Arkansas where I bought the car and they told me that I needed to drive it 2.5 hours to them so they can see if a shift relearn would work or if this car will be a lemon too!! they said the relearn only works on some of the vehicles!!! please halt Chrysler from the production of 8 speed automatic transmission as they do not know how to fix them and they are going to start killing people!

- Dumas, AR, USA

Nov 282015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V676000 (engine and engine cooling) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Sep 072015

Grand Cherokee

I noticed the problem has become more pronounced starting September 5, 2015. While slowing down to stop the vehicle it lunged forward almost causing me to rear end the vehicle in front. I also noticed delays in accelerating from a stop position.

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Aug 122015

Grand Cherokee

While driving my brand new 3day old 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee, the engine completely shut off. I lost all control of my brakes and steering. I was able to coast and get off of the road. I immediately called the dealer who sent a flat bed tow truck to haul the vehicle back to the dealer. Once at the dealer I was extremely upset and shaken and received a chilly reception from the sales manager and dealer director. My concern and vehicle malfunction was downplayed. The dealership was very condescending and acted as if I had made up the entire situation. They insisted they had never heard of a problem like this occurring with a Jeep. I told them I didn't want my car fixed, I instead wanted my trade in back and the deal voided. No questioned were asked...the dealer never offered to put me in another Jeep which I found odd, and instead I was told I was over reacting and they reversed my paper work. They dealer continued to ignore my concern that someone could have been hurt due to this problem and that it needed to be reported to the manufacturer. The paperwork to reverse my sale was executed quickly and I was escorted out of the dealership within 30 minutes. I did contact the dealership's owner to report my safety concern and the dealership's flippant attitude, but have not received a phone call back.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jul 292015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed, the vehicle auto accelerated without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 5,500.

- Monroe , MI, USA