2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Oct 062016

Grand Cherokee

Very disappointed in this how Jeep (fca) has allowed a driver to back-up with the liftgate open, without a chime or other loud warning (similar to that when your doors are open. By accident I backed up after automatically closing the liftgate and assuming it was closed. The liftgate was not able to close and automatically re-opened without warning. I was in a parking garage and unfortunately the liftgate rubbed against the cieling of the garage, causing minor damage to the liftgate. It could have been much worse. I contacted Jeep to log my complaint but was rebuffed and believe me, for their attitude in addressing a safety issue that should be corrected immediately, I will think twice about buying another Jeep. No vehicle should be allowed to be backup with the liftgate open, and without a chime to alert the driver.

- Bloomfield, MI, USA

Oct 052016

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While driving approximately 55 mph on a two lane road, the vehicle was unable to drive in a straight line. The vehicle veered to the right or left across the two lane road. The vehicle was taken to the dealer four times where it was determined that the vehicle was designed to perform that way. The check engine warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was currently parked at the contact's residence. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000.

- Belgrade, MN, USA

Sep 272016

Grand Cherokee

I entered my car, I did hear a bottle breaking noise but wasn't sure what it was. I got out of the car again to converse with a friend. When I got back in the car and closed the door, I heard the sunroof shade move like wind was above it. I opened the shade and saw a hole and shattered glass. I drove approximately a quarter mile, before I parked and heard the noise and saw the broken glass.

- North Brunswick, NJ, USA

Jun 092016

Grand Cherokee

I received a recall from Chrysler/Jeep in regard to the brake/transmission shift interlock solenoid which may have an incorrectly crimped electrical connector. This could lead to the transition gear becoming locked in park or neutral position and cause a crash without warning. I received the recall in June 2016. Jeep of white plains, NY told me that service did not have enough parts and would place me on a waiting list. In August, I contacted them again and they explained that it was now a software issue and my car would only require a download. When I brought the car in on 8/31, they told me that they could not service the vehicle because it doesnt require a download (I was give the wrong info), the part is not available and I will have to be placed on a waiting list again. Waiting over 3 months for a recall is far from timely.

- White Plains, NY, USA

Aug 232016

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While parked, the vehicle suddenly started without the starter key. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer who was not able to diagnose the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 2,400.

- Jasper, IN, USA

Aug 192016

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the vehicle randomly stalled without warning. The contact was able to restart the vehicle moments later. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 282016

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact had to quickly maneuver the vehicle and made several attempts to get it to restart. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for further inspection, but the dealer did not supply an invoice of what was repaired. A mechanic indicated that the vehicle may need a software update. The contact was uncertain if the dealer's remedy would provide a permanent repair solution. The approximate failure mileage was 3,000.

- Decaturville, TN, USA