2001 Jeep Liberty fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Jeep Liberty:

2001 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Jun 212005

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee sport. The check engine light went on. I was told I would need a new fuel pump and tank. My mechanic went to the wrecking yard and found a good tank, the pump however, had it's filter pieces missing. They were in the bottom of the tank. When the mechanics took out my damaged tank, the same was true with my fuel filter. It is under my impression that this 2 for 2 discovery may mean there is a close to 100% problem with the fuel pumps.

- Vancouver, WA, USA