6.0

2002 Jeep Liberty AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Liberty:

2002 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Nov 012011

Liberty

Evidently the blend door gets stuck on these jeeps and because of the labor involved in removing the entire dash...the fix is around $700 at my very good mechanic shop and that is with the discount he gives me. Wow...guess I'll just continue to drive around in the winter freezing my butt off!

Update from Nov 4, 2014: Well...I had the blend door fixed. The heat still isn't great. It is hot at the vent but when you turn the fan on 3 or 4...the air about 8-10 inches from the vent is pretty cool. I just keep the fan on low. I wonder if it has something to do with getting the radiator replaced a few years ago. Seems like that's about the same time the heat started acting up. Hmmmm....

- , Brookings, SD, USA

Dec 062011

Liberty

I am having a problem with the heat and losing oil, I have replaced the thermostat and radiator, Also the heater switch twice!

I was told to get the radiator flushed, at that time they told me I needed a new head gasket. I took it to another mechanic who said there were no cracks or leaks He checked out the water pump which was fine also found the timing chain had been put on incorrectly by Chrysler. He went on the web to find the correct way and fixed that.

I have great power it has never over heated.

I either have great heat or none.

I am trying to find someone at this time to flush the radiator.

Very disappointed