2.9

2002 Jeep Liberty accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Liberty:

2002 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Aug 232010

Liberty

My 2002 Jeep Liberty limited's ignition will not turn with the key in place. First occurrence, I was able to jiggle the key and get it to finally turn to start, 2nd time it took me bout 10 mins of jiggling the key and it finally turned and started. 3rd time, same situation. Now the 4th time and it's sitting in our garage, will not turn to start.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Apr 142010

Liberty

Recall J17. Savage lb Chrysler says they have no parts. Chrysler is sending one repair a week to each dealership in the us. I may be months before they can check my 2002 Jeep. So I drive a possibly unsafe Jeep for months.

- Wyomissing, PA, USA

Jan 142009

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. When the contact used the jack to change the front driver's side tire, the jack became stuck in an upward position. He was unable to remove the jack from his vehicle. The dealer did not assist. The jack information and VIN were unknown. The failure and current mileages were 92,400.

- Bluff City, TN, USA

Jul 172008

Liberty

I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty that I have had for four years. I have had to replace the regulator in the back windows 3 times. Jeep is refusing to acknowledge that doing this 3X's is even an issue. Also, my Jeep dealer will not return my calls when I call to schedule an appointment to get the already recalled items fixed.

- Lake Mary, FL, USA

Feb 012005

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

The contact stated they have two defective seat belts. After they had their vehicle for one month, the passenger back seat belt became defective. The second seat belt which is the drivers seat seat belt became defective last Tuesday. They had no problem putting it on, but became trapped and could not disconnect their seat belt when trying to get out of their vehicle. The contacts coworkers had to get her out with a swiss army knife and WD40. No further damage done to seat belt. A mechanic said this was caused by a weak spring. They have been using this seat belt since, but it is not operating functionally. Seat belts are free of dirt and contaminents. No pictures available. The contact also stated that their radio became defective about two months ago. The radio took the juice out of the battery causing battery to die.

- Vancouver, WA, USA