8.0

2002 Jeep Liberty seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Liberty:

2002 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Nov 012012

Liberty Limited 3.7L V6

Since the recall for the air bag sensor / control module letter was sent to me, I have tried several times to get it fixed and have called Chrysler-Jeep four times and I have been told on all calls that the parts are not available.

The first time I called I was told a letter would be sent to me on August 6th 2013 and once I receive the letter I could take my Liberty down and have the problem corrected. As of today, 8-29-13 I have still not received a letter from Chrysler. I called again today and was told the parts were still not available and they (Chrysler Jeep) did not know when they would be available.

This is the only vehicle I own and my only transportation. My wife tried to take the liberty to a jeep dealer and was stopped and given a ticket for expired inspection (this is in Virginia). she showed the officer the original letter we received and told him she was trying to get to the jeep dealership but she was told that was not his problem, so now it is costing me $90.00 dollars. the inspection was past due in July 2013 and when my wife was stopped it was on August 02-2013.

No one will inspect the liberty because the air bag light is considered a safety issue. I have even tried to get the local jeep dealership to give me a loaner but was also told they can not do that since it is not a new vehicle.

After the recall is fixed, when ever, I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER JEEP OR CHRYSLER PRODUCT.

- , Ruther Glen, Virginia, USA