2002 Jeep Liberty seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Liberty:

2002 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments (Page 14 of 24)

Oct 222013

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

2002 Jeep Liberty. Consumer writes in regards to the negative attitude from service advisor at dealership, regarding the recall. The consumer was informed the procedure would take all day. Recall # 12V527000.

- Aguadilla, PR, USA

Jan 162013

Liberty 6-cyl

Not long before receiving an "interim notification letter" from Chrysler re: Safety recall M35/NHTSA 12V-527, my Jeep's air bag light would come on while I was driving down the road. About Jan 2013 I received the interim notification letter telling me that my "occupant restraint control module...has a small chance of experiencing an electrical overstress condition. When I received this notification I called my local Jeep dealer, interstate Dodge-Chrysler in West monroe, la. I was told then and every month since that Chrysler had not sent them the needed part. On Jun 14, parts mgr named steve told me that the part was expected this past month but has not yet arrived. He promised to call me when it was received by interstate Dodge. Having not heard from him, on July 31 I called him again. I left a message which has yet to be returned. About two weeks ago I received a second notification from Chrysler which seemed to indicate that the needed parts were now available. I called interstate Dodge and scheduled the service work for this recall. They did the work today, 11/6/13. I was called and told the issue had been repaired. I picked up the Jeep and drove it home. I have driven it again only to see that the repair was apparently not completed. The air bag light continues to come on and stay on. I called interstate Dodge a few minutes ago and was told that they did the recall work and that the airbag light on the dash is related to another cause. Of course, I would be required to return my Jeep and pay an undisclosed fee for this repair. I should have been told of this continuing problem when I picked up my vehicle. I was not. I do not trust interstate Dodge when they tell me they did the recall work. I do not believe I should have to pay for them to repair my air bag issue since this was the issue to be addressed by the recall.

- West Monroe, LA, USA

Aug 152013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that her vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 12V527000 (air bags). The manufacturer and dealer were contacted and were unable to provide a date when the parts will be available. The air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 110,000.

- Smyrna, GA, USA

Oct 312013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated while driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle rear ended another vehicle and the air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact was taken to a hospital where there were no injuries reported. The vehicle was towed to a private mechanic. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 119,000.

- Niagra Falls , NY, USA

Jul 112013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign number 12V527000 (air bags). The contact stated that the air bag warning light remained illuminated; therefore, the failure was not corrected. The dealer advised the contact that the air bag warning illumination was not related to the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Richomond, VA, USA

Mar 202013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated while starting the vehicle, the air bag warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The malfunction also recurred when the vehicle was being driven at any speed. NHTSA recall campaign id number 12V527000 (air bags) was associated with the failure; however, the part was unavailable. The dealer was unable to provide an expected date for the part. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Maple Height, OH, USA

Sep 252013

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

2002 Jeep Liberty. Consumer writes in regards to air bag system occupant restraint control module recall notice. The consumer was informed the vehicle needed a L/F and R/F impact sensor and orc sensor. The dealer stated the parts were not available and they needed to be ordered. The dealer informed the consumer the parts were not covered under the recall.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Oct 242013

Liberty

TL- the contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that she attempted to have the vehicle repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 12V527000 (air bags) but was informed that the parts were not available. Also, the contact mentioned that the dealer stated that the parts were on back order. The contact felt that since the failure was reported in November of 2012, there should be a remedy available before October of 2013. The contact had not experienced a failure. The current mileage was 72,107. Kmj

- San Antonio , TX, USA

Oct 222013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign number 12V527000 (air bags) however, the failure was not corrected. The dealer advised the contact that the air bag warning illumination was not related to the recall service. The air bag warning light failure was related to the computer sensor, which had failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 87,309.

- El Segundo, CA, USA

Jun 292012

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that while starting the ignition, the air bag warning indicator illuminated continuously. The vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign id number: 12V527000 (air bags) however, the failure persisted. The vehicle was not further repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 160,000....updated 11-18-13 updated 11/20/13

- Rotterdam, NY, USA

Oct 092013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that prior to having the vehicle repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 12V527000 (air bags) however, the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. Once the recall service was complete, the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 151,000.

- Freeport, IL, USA

Oct 102013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contacts vehicle was repaired under recall NHTSA campaign 12V527000 (air bags) and he was advised that the air bag light continued to illuminate. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 178,000.

- Sanger, CA, USA

Oct 102013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact had his vehicle repaired under recall notice NHTSA campaign number: 12V527000 (air bags) but the problem with the air bag light persisted. The dealer refused to repair the vehicle a second time. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 153,000.

- Winchester, VA, USA

Oct 012013

Liberty

I received a recall from Chrysler but my dealer do not responds to my request to change the defect part (ocr) occupant resistant control.

- San Juan, PR, USA

Apr 102013

Liberty 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated continuously. The vehicle was previously repaired under NHTSA campaign id number 12V527000 and after the remedy repair was performed, the malfunction persisted. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 111,000. Updated 11/20/13 the dealer claimed they fixed the air bag issue. However, the light was still on, updated 11/16/13

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA

Oct 012008

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the mechanic was unable to diagnose the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000. The current mileage was 125,000. Returned by usps on 11/14/2013. Second attempt on 11-14-2013 failed.

- Marysville, WA, USA

Jun 282012

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that while sitting at a traffic stop, there was a loud explosion as the air bags inadvertently deployed without warrant. The contact sustained a concussion and severe injuries to the left shoulder, jaw, neck, and upper back as a result of the air bag deployment. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the mechanic stated that an electrical defect had caused the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure and current mileage was 48,000. Updated 12/4/13

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Sep 252013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that she received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 12V527000 (air bags) and stated that the parts were not available. The contact also mentioned that she has not experienced any failures in regard to the recall.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Sep 182013

Liberty

On Sept 18,2013 I took my 2002 Jeep Liberty in to get recall M35 wire harness installed so my airbag light will finally go off and not stay on all the time, took mertens garage 2 hrs to install it, I drove down the road one mile and airbag light came back on again, I took it back to dealership, they told me the recall was for the wire harness any other problems wouldn't be covered. I was not very happy with my results and how I was treated, since I bought my Jeep brand new from this dealership. Iam scared to drive my Jeep with my kids in there in case the airbag would go off on its own! what can I do since iam still having problems with airbag light coming on?? please get back to me. Thank you renee hollinger

- Phillips, WI, USA

Sep 012012

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that she received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 12V527000 (air bags) but the parts were not available to complete the recall service. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Succasunna, NJ, USA