2002 Jeep Liberty seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Liberty:

2002 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments (Page 17 of 23)

Jul 152013

Liberty 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 12V527000 (air bags) and stated that the dealer did not have the parts available for the repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Rochester, NM, USA

Dec 012012

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number 12V527000 (air bags) and stated that the air bag warning light was illuminated. The contact stated that the vehicle was not repaired in a timely manner per the recall. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue, but did not provide an estimated time of arrival for the parts needed to provide the recall repairs. The failure mileage was unavailable. The current mileage was 150,000.

- Anchorage , AR, USA

Mar 012013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number 12V527000 (air bags) had an exceeded a reasonable time for repair. The contact recently experienced the air bag light illumination failure and was afraid that the air bag could deploy inadvertently. The manufacturer advised the contact that the part was not available and they did not know when the part was going to become available for repair. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000 and the current mileage was 85,000.

- Houston , TX, USA

Jun 192013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 12V527000 (air bags) and stated that the dealer did not have the parts available for the recall service. The manufacturer was notified. The VIN was not available. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Gurnee, IL, USA

Dec 282012

Liberty 6-cyl

2002 Jeep Liberty. Consumer writes in regards to reimbursement for repairs caused by vehicle M35 related defect. The consumer stated in late December 2012, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where it was confirmed the occupant restraint control had indeed failed which was consistent with the problem described in recall M35. The consumer has been unsuccessful, at trying to obtain reimbursement.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

May 012012

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated NHTSA recall campaign number 12V527000 (air bags) exceeded a reasonable time to be repaired. The vehicle experienced the air bag warning light illumination failure. The contact was afraid that the air bag could deploy. The manufacturer stated that the part was not available for repair and they did not know when the part was going to become available. The failure and current mileage was 125,000.

- Wanaque, NJ, USA

Jan 242013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that after receiving notification of NHTSA campaign I.D. number: 12V527000 (air bags:frontal:sensor/control ), the contact called the dealer to schedule an appointment. The dealer stated that the parts needed to complete the repair were not available to remedy the recall. Six months later, the parts were still not available to remedy the recall. The contact did not call the manufacturer. The failure mileage was 87,000.

- Valley Stream, NY, USA

Jul 082013

Liberty 6-cyl

Safety recall notice M35/ngtsa12V-527 was issued Nov 8, 2012.....and as of today's date, July 8, 2013 (8 months later) the dealerships are still saying Chrysler has not made the parts available to affect the repair. Furthermore, the dealerships are telling me I need not be concerned about the airbags inadvertently deploying, which is contrary to what the recall notice states. My 16-year-old daughter drives this vehicle, and I am very concerned for her safety and want immediate repairs done to this vehicle to ensure she does not experience a crash and/or injury due to this known issue.

- Thornton, CO, USA

Jul 082013

Liberty 6-cyl

I own a 2002 Jeep Liberty. I received a recall notice six months ago and the manufacturer did not send a follow up letter regarding the availability of the parts for the repair. The vehicle was not serviced due to parts not being available. The manufacturer was not notified. I haven't experienced a failure. The manufacturer will not repair my vehicle until I receive the 2nd notice.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jun 302013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that the air bag warning light was illuminated. The contact later received notification of NHTSA campaign id number 12V527000 (air bags) however, the parts needed to complete the recall service were not available for repair and the manufacturer did not have an estimated time of arrival for the parts. The failure and current mileage was 151,000.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Jan 032012

Liberty

My Jeep has been under recall for the airbags since the notice has come out and I have yet to get it fixed. My airbag light comes on and goes off when being driven. This notice was sent in Jan. 2013 and here it is six months later and nothing has been done. For some reason the maker seems to be giving me the run around on parts. Can something please be done so I can get this fixed?

- Maryvile , TN, USA

Jun 272013

Liberty 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 12V527000 (air bags) and contacted the dealer. The dealer advised that the vehicle would not be able to be serviced for at least a year because they had not received the parts needed to correct the failure. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Elmwood Park , NJ, USA

Nov 012012

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that the expectancy wait for having the vehicle service per NHTSA campaign number: 12V527000 (air bags) had exceeded a reasonable time. The dealer advised the contact that the part was not available for repair and they did not know when the part was going to become available. The contact had not experience a failure. The approximate current mileage was 77,000.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 012013

Liberty 4WD 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number 12V527000 (air bags) had exceeded a reasonable time for repair. The contact experienced the failure when the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The contact was also concerned that the fuel tank failure could occur at any moment. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximated failure mileage was 180,000 and the current mileage was 181,000...updated 08-07-13

- Smithton, PA, USA

Feb 082013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that after starting the ignition, the air bag warning indicator illuminated continuously. There was a recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 12V527000 (air bags), however the part was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified of the defect and they were unable to provide an expected date for the part. The approximate failure mileage was 95,000.

- Elmwood Park, NJ, USA

Nov 122012

Liberty 6-cyl

The air bag light on my dash would come on and off while driving at all times. I had it looked at in November 2012, the dealership was not sure why they were lighting up was what I was told so the dealership replaced 2 of my front air bag sensors charging me over $200. I received a notice about the air bag sensor recall afterwards in January 2013. I stopped today ( June 20, 2013) to check on getting it fixed and the dealership had no knowledge of when they will get the parts for this recall. This is the 3rd dealership I have stopped at about the recalled part and fixing it. All I am ever told is they don't know when the parts will come in and to call Jeep corporate and ask them questions I have. Over 6 months ago now Jeep gave me a notice of concern about this recall of the air bags possibly deploying, I have had issues with my air bag sensors and feel it is very risky to continue driving my Jeep. I spoke with Jeep corporate in March and she said to expect the parts to be released by late April. Well that has not happened. What is the required time frame for an auto maker to notify owners of a recall and then fix it? I feel this time frame ---- 6 months --- is very unreasonable.

- Hays, KS, USA

Dec 122012

Liberty 6-cyl

I received a recall for the airbags on my vehicle, talking about the airbag dummy light coming on and how the airbag can inadvertently deploy while driving back in Nov or Dec of last year. The parts to fix it have not been made!!!! now they are issuing another recall for my type of car and they still do not have the parts to fix the first recall! very frustrated that I am driving around a death trap that I paid on for years, and no effort has been made on Chrysler behalf to fix the problem!!!

- Redding, CA, USA

Jan 142013

Liberty 6-cyl

In January 2013 I received an interim safety recall M35/NHTSA 12V-527 for my 2002 Jeep Liberty. The recall deals with the orc, occupant restraint control module which if stressed will cause the airbag to inadvertently deploy. Continual contact with my dealership advises that the replacement part is not available, and no direction from Chrysler gives an anticipated date when the part will be secured. The air bag indicator light intermittently does come on in my vehicle while the car is in drive. I have only one car. I am employed. I believe this delay is unconscionable and jeopardizes not only my life but others who might be injured should this cause an accident. The story that Chrysler is 'working' with the manufacturer doesn't fly anymore. More than six months time should be enough to begin to supply the replacement part.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Jun 112003

Liberty 6-cyl

There are currently 3 recalls on my Liberty. I have made multiple attempts to get service for these recalls from bcp Jeep dealer in smyrna, Delaware to no avail. I am told over and over that the parts are on back order and we'll contact you when they are available. I have a recall on my air bags-they may deploy driving down the road. My air bag light has been blinking for years, which is a symptom of this recall. I also have a part on my suspension that may break due to rust. That recall is 11 years old and still not fixed. Now I have a recall on the fuel tank, which may burst into a ball of flames in a fender bender. I am currently driving a death trap and cannot just go trade this vehicle in. I want Jeep to take responsibility for these recalls and fix them. I am sick and tired of them giving me the run around. I cannot give you exact dates of when I contacted bcp. I have called them many times over the years. I also tried to contact the Jeep dealer in dover, Delaware and spoke to a very rude individual who was no help to me.

- Clayton, DE, USA

Dec 152012

Liberty 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 12V527000 (air bags). The manufacturer and the dealer were made aware of the recall notice and stated that the part needed to correct the repair was not available. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Rockledge, FL, USA