2002 Jeep Liberty seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Liberty:

2002 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

May 102005

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

I have had two (2) major accidents in my 2002 Jeep Liberty limited, both of which resulted in physical injury to myself that could have been avoided if my airbags had deployed properly. In both accidents there was no airbag deployment whatsoever.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Mar 022005

Liberty 6-cyl

The air bag sensor light illuminated on the dashboard for a couple of days. Consumer took the vehicle to the dealer and the impact sensor was replaced. An accident occurred, and the air bags did not deploy. Consumer took the vehicle to dealer for the body work. Consumer contacted Chrysler. However, Chrysler will do nothing to assist the consumer.

- Slinger, WI, USA