9.5

2003 Jeep Liberty AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jeep Liberty:

2003 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Jan 072004

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

2003 Jeep Liberty 4 wheel drive. Air conditioner smells inside of vehicle of mildew. Had vehicle serviced 4 previous occasions by dealer central valley. 5th time had serviced dealer to replace air condition unit. Odor was noticed a few months after purchase.

- Modesto, CA, USA

May 292003

Liberty 6-cyl

On 5-6-03 I purchased a 2003 Jeep Liberty. On 5-29-03 I took the vehicle to the shop for the first time(995 miles) for a possible missing in the engine. Tech found the A/C overfull but no miss in the engine. The A/C was discharged and recharged to the proper level. This did not correct the problem. Every 8 to 10 seconds the engine surges( what feels like a miss) and more frequent with higher rpms. The second shop visit was at 1,420 miles with same problem. No fix! the third shop visit was at 1,941 miles with same problem. No fix! the fourth shop visit was at 2,089 miles with same problem. No fix! the fifth shop visit was at 2273 miles with same problem. No fix! on the fifth visit a chrys. Service rep.(jim dupree) kept vehicle for two days. Found the pressure in the A/C is going from 140psi to 180psi in less than a second which is what causes the jerk(miss) in the engine. Cause: A sensor that controls the A/C compressor. This could possibly be causing the very low gas mileage(17mph on the highway). As of 9-12-03 I have not been informed of a fix. I was advised by the chrys. Cust. Service phone line the matter had been turned over to the dist. Manager matt witters and he has made his offer of a trade to a different type vehicle. I have never spoke to him in person or by phone. In the past several weeks I have been trying to find out what chrys. Is doing to find a fix but I have been unsuccessful. Numerous attempts to contact Mr. Witters has failed. I was also inform Mr. Witters has tried to contact me but it has always been at times he was told not to call. I do not want to trade for another chrys. Product that I did not want to began with or I would have purchased another type. I want them to repair the one I have, give me another Liberty(without problem), or give me my money back. That is not asking too much. I have been unsuccessful in getting any response over the past month.

- Monroe, LA, USA