1.4

2003 Jeep Liberty brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jeep Liberty:

2003 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Mar 282013

Liberty 6-cyl

I was leaving from work going about 45 mph, I smelled electrical components burning, before I could pull the Jeep over to the side of the road it shut off unexpectedly leaving me with no power steering and no power brakes, I nearly lost control of the Jeep, by the time I got to the side of the road the smoke had filled the cabin, the smoke was coming from front drivers side dash. Now I have no headlights, wipers, door locks, radio, alarm, int lights, speedometer, engine light is now on. Mechanic investigated and found that the BCM has a large burn hole in it the size of a silver dollar, I was very glad that my daughter was not in the Jeep with me that day, ,

- Interlachen, FL, USA