2003 Jeep Liberty brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jeep Liberty:

2003 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Feb 152006

Liberty Limited

My Jeep Liberty was bought in October of 2003. One month after I bought the vehicle it started making a very strange loud grinding noice from the rear of the vehicle. I had taken it in to see if it could be fixed and Ensign Chrysler replaced rear disc brake pad set as per bulletin. The noise is still persisting. I took it back Dec/03 the noice had gotten worse. Road test was done by shop foreman and verified moan noise is from rear brakes. A new service bulletin to repair this noise will be released in near future. Still not fixed. I took back to shop in May of 04 and it was inspected from suspension lower ball joints and installed I heat shields. still not fixed. I took it back in June of 04 still grinding noise - correction was to install pads and rotors. still not fixed. The last time I had the vehicle in I told them that the noise is still there. I was told that the car had the updated pads/rotors to try and help. was also told unfortunately this is not abnormal for our environment. I am very upset and very embarrased with the noise it makes. I was also charged for the last repair to look at the vehicle and I find this very unfair. I am extremely upset with the Service and very embarrased to drive my Jeep Liberty. I am pursuing further action. I have under 20,000 KMs as I do not drive the vehicle every day.

- , Victoria, BC, Canada