8.0

7,600,000 miles

2003 Jeep Liberty electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jeep Liberty:

2003 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Jul 272010

Liberty Renegade

• 7,600,000 miles

I know I'm not the only one suffering with this, or at least I hope not. My check engine light has been on for the past 5 or so. I've replaced to fuel caps, due to it testing vapor leak in that area, but this is to now avail. This is very annoying because the car won't past inspection unless it is reset and I have to drive it several days thinking it is fixed only for it to pop back up after a week. It changes sometimes it's 5 to 7 days other times it only 3 to 5. I don't really notice any smell of gas the lite just stays lit on my dash board. I've tried checking to see if a recall is responsible for it and that's to now avail. I believe this is a definite defect.

Is anyone out there suffering with the same trouble it so please let me know what to do! I don't want a dangerous situation to occur because of this.

- , St. Louis, USA