2. repair engine valves (1 reports)
2003 Jeep Liberty engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jeep Liberty:

2003 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Dec 142009

Liberty LX 3.2L V6

I started my 2003 Jeep Liberty on the morning of 12/14/09 and it was making a pounding noise. I turned it off and restarted it and the entire engine was rocking. I drove it to work, knowing that I was closer to my dealership, and called the mechanic. He had me drive the Jeep to the garage. They called me and told me they had to tear the engine apart to find the problem. A couple of weeks later they had found the problem and asked me to call Chrysler for help with the cost of repairs. I have owned the Jeep for less than 2 years and still have 3 years to pay on it. It is still under the 7 year warranty but over the 70,000 mileage. I have not even put 2,000 miles on this vehicle. I called Chrysler several times and was bounced around from person to person, never getting a return phone call.

Finally after calling again, a man told me that they would not help due to the mileage, that I did not put on the vehicle. Then I received another phone call from Chrysler telling me again that they would not pay. Like I needed to hear that twice : ( I will never deal with Chrysler again. I have seen several valve complaints and was wondering if a class action law suit would be worth it? Anyone want to join in? FED UP.

- , Ogdensburg, NY, USA