2003 Jeep Liberty miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jeep Liberty:

2003 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Apr 022007

Liberty 4WD

Within the past year, my 2002 Jeep Liberty limited has had a sudden loss of power and mobility. The vehicle tends to roughly shake. The steering wheel wobbles/shakes along with the entire car. It's a random problem and does not happen on a daily basis. The vehicle has been to the dealership and they cannot find anything wrong with the Liberty. They say that we need 4 brand new tires because they feel since we did not have the tires rotated this is what is causing the problem. The problem happens many times a week. Sometimes it will go for a week or so and be fine. Other times, it will occur on a regular basis.

- Newington, CT, USA

Nov 132006

Liberty

I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty for which I heard re: Recall some months back. I inquired at my dealership in Aug ( greenbriar Jeep) and was told I would get a notice. Well, I did receive notice 11/12. When I called dealer today 11/13, I was told they did not have parts, and the parts were already 2 weeks behind. If this is a safety issue there should be enough repair kits for all vehicles involved. Is there anyway of expediting this repair? I am very concerned with this kind of delay where safety in driving the vehicle is in question. Respectfully submitted, M. sherman.

- Chesapeake , VA, USA