2003 Jeep Liberty seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jeep Liberty:

2003 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments (Page 9 of 15)

Sep 282013

The contact owns a 2003 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that the vehicle was repaired under recall NHTSA campaign id number: 12V527000 (air bags). However, the air bags warning light continued to illuminate. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician stated that the recall repair may not remedy the warning light. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 82,000.

- Trafford , PA, USA

Aug 062012

Liberty 6-cyl

None of the recalls are being fixed I have been to Jeep place in claremont nh and in springfield vt and all they can say is we dont have the parts for it now how safe am I surpose to feel when they sell these vec and dont fix them.

- Springfeild, VT, USA

Jul 232014

Liberty 6-cyl

I was driving to work ~ 8:15 am and the passenger-side air bag exploded. I was still driving when the driver-side air bag exploded and I immediately pulled over and jumped out of the vehicle. I tried to open the door as I had left the car running and the doors were locked. I keep a hide-A-key on the car and the key would not unlock the doors. I went to the rear gate of the car and it would not open, however, the glass popped open and I was able to crawl in the car and turn the engine off. I then called for a tow and took my car to the Jeep dealership. I was then informed that the dealership was told not to do anything with the vehicle, they would be contacting Jeep corporate. About 1 week later, I received a telephone call from their recall technician who informed me that the air bags deploying were a result of the recall that was issued for Jeep Liberty. I have never received a recall notice with regards to the issue with the air bags until two (2) weeks after....August 3 or August 4, 2014.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Jul 082014

Liberty 6-cyl

When attempting to switch lanes, it felt as if the steering wheel locked and the vehicle began to swerve between lanes. I had no control over the steering, therefore the vehicle continued to swerve and eventually slid off road into a median full of trees. Once in the median, the vehicle began to roll over. The vehicle rolled 3 or 4 times, eventually coming to a stop passenger-side down. There was damage all over the body of the vehicle, including the front and sides. Airbags did not deploy. Vehicle was taken in less than a year ago to get fixed due to a recall on the air bag system, but airbags did not deploy during crash. I was taken via ambulance to a local trauma unit. Vehicle was totaled.

- Henrico, VA, USA

Aug 142014

Liberty 6-cyl

Airbag light came on while driving to work. Researched online and saw this has happened in other Jeep.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Oct 202010

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

The contact's spouse owned a 2003 Jeep Liberty. While driving at an unknown speed, the air bag may have inadvertently deployed and caused the driver to lose control of the vehicle. The vehicle crossed over three interstate lanes before flipping over. The driver was ejected from the vehicle and was fatally injured. The vehicle was destroyed. The failure mileage was unknown. Updated 08-28-14 updated 09-25-14 updated 11/19/2014

- Sheperdsville, KY, USA

Aug 132014

Liberty 6-cyl

While stopped and fully at complete rest, both front air bags suddenly deployed causing scrapes and lacerations to driver and front passenger. The M35 orc filter circuit recall had been performed 7 months prior on 1/11/14.

- Charleston, SC, USA

Jul 012013

The contact owns a 2003 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 12V527000 (air bags), NHTSA campaign number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure), and NHTSA campaign number: 09V119000 (suspension) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the delay. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced any failures.

- Pendleton, OR, USA

Nov 052013

Liberty 6-cyl

I have received two notices to repair my car N46 and M35. I'll make this short and brief. Every time I call for an appointment they do not have the parts and could care less if my car gets repaired.

- New Windsor, NY, USA

Jul 302014

Liberty 6-cyl

I was driving at 40 mph when a vehicle ran a red light and I T-boned the other vehicle. The airbags in my vehicle never deployed. This was a hard hitting front end collision that caused by vehicle to spin two times around and leave my vehicle facing the opposite direction after spinning around twice. The police officer on the scene said he was amazed that the airbags did not deploy.

- Kentwood, MI, USA

Aug 012014

Liberty 6-cyl

A recent recall was done to the 2003 Jeep Liberty in March 2014 and it all went fine. A few days later the air bag light randomly turns on and off. I took it to the dealership and was told the airbag module needs to be replaced and it will run about $570. Now after reading the forums all Chrysler did was add a harness to prevent the airbags from deploying instead of replacing the module. I am also told that in the dallas area there is no module available for replacement. The dealership told me that the light being on would not affect the activation of the airbag in a accident. There was no previous problems before the M35 recall was done.

- Little Elm, TX, USA

Jul 162012

The contact owns a 2003 Jeep Liberty. The contact received recall notices for NHTSA campaign numbers: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure) and 12V527000 (air bags). The dealer and manufacturer stated that they did not know when the parts for either recall would be available to repair the vehicle. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Worcester, MA, USA

Sep 302013

2003 Jeep Liberty. Consumer writes in regards to the airbag system and fuel tank leakage recall notices. The consumer stated there were no dealerships, in her immediate area and she would have to pay $1,000 to have the vehicle shipped off the island where she resides.

- Kaunakakai, HI, USA

Aug 262013

Liberty 6-cyl

We have made several attempts to have the recall repaired with union city, Georgia at (770) 969-7229. We spoke with don jackson. Each time, we were told the parts were not in and we would receive a call as soon as the parts come in. We never received a call back. We called again and again. Each time, we are told the part is not in and we are promised a call back. Would you kindly help.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jun 022014

The contact owns a 2003 Jeep Liberty. While starting the ignition, the air bag inadvertently deployed without any impact to the vehicle. The contact sustained injuries to the mouth and right wrist. The dealer was unable to diagnose the cause of the failure. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 032014

Liberty 6-cyl

On my way to work the air bag light indicator would turn and off. I am now in the process of taking it to a Jeep dealership. I understand that there is a recall for this issue.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

May 122014

Either beginning of the this year or last month of last year, I received a letter from Chrysler about a recall on my vehicle for the air bag, so before I turn in the my truck for service the air bag light don't come on at all, but after they fixed the recall issues, few months later my air bag light keep coming on and stay on, so I call the Chrysler dealer who fixed my truck and there reply is that is not our problem that the airbag light come on when you drive. So here my question if the recall was call for the airbags in my truck why my airbag light now is coming on when I drive my truck, are they suppose to fixed the airbag or what, don't understand about the recall for the airbag but my light for the airbag is on.. so please help me to understand what should I do, now I afraid to drive my truck when I go to work.. so now every time I turn on my signal my dome light comes on and stay on for good 5 mins..

- Marietta , GA, USA

Oct 162013

The contact owns a 2003 Jeep Liberty. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number 12V52700 (airbags) and NHTSA campaign number 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure) but was informed that the parts were not available. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Augusta, KS, USA

May 062014

Liberty 6-cyl

Complaint against oxmore Chrysler Dodge Jeep louisville ky complaint letter: No share with media: Yes complaint description my 2003 Jeep Liberty was recalled due to a defective air bag module, after they replaced it the light came right back on. They said that if I wanted it fixed I would need to pay $110 plus parts. I believe that the defective part may have caused other parts to fail. We are not able to drive a unsafe car and will need to rent one until this is resolved.can you please advise how I should proceed and thanks.

- Jeffersonville, IN, USA

Dec 032012

The contact owns a 2003 Jeep Liberty. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 12V527000 (air bags) and the local dealer stated that the parts were not available. The contact had waited longer than a year for the recall repair. The manufacturer was also contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the contact would receive the recall repairs. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Flagler, FL, USA