2003 Jeep Liberty seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jeep Liberty:

2003 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Dec 262004

Liberty

Complaint received via E-mail. My wife, son, and I were involved in an accident. We hit an ice patch on I-80 East mile marker 128. We went down a bank and hit a tree head on at aproximatly 50 mph, and seat belts/air bags did not work. I contacted Jeep, and was told that an investigator would go and look at the Jeep, and they would get back to me. I then contacted the garage where my vehicle was being repaired, and asked the owner if the inspector had been there. I was informed that he was, and that he did not even know where the air bag sensors were located. A few days later, I recieved a letter informing me that the air bag did fail, and that it should not have gone off, my vehicle had $9000 damage at the front end. I am concerned that the vehicle was not safe for myself and family. I did some research on www.NHTSA.dot.gov and found that 9 other 2003, Jeep Liberty had the same problem.

- Lancaster, PA, USA