3.5

2003 Jeep Liberty suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jeep Liberty:

2003 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Aug 112006

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

On August 11, 2006 while driving home from work, my Jeep Liberty began to sway. I proceeded to slow when my rear axle including wheels fell off. No warning, the entire rear axle disassembled. The conditions that night were wet, however there was nothing more than that. I had my vehicle towed to an authorized Chrysler mechanic. I inquired to what would cause the rear axle to just fall apart this way. I was informed it was because of the impact? there was no impact which was evident by the condition of my vehicle. My vehicle had to be repaired. The left rear control arm and driveshaft had to be repaired and reinstalled in addition to the rear end asm and left wheel and tire replaced.

- Denver, CO, USA