2003 Jeep Liberty transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jeep Liberty:

2003 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Nov 012010

On a few occasions, going at a high rate of speed, my car will buck as if it's trying to change gears, but cannot. It's very jarring and scary. I've taken it in twice for inspection and the mechanics can't find anything wrong with the transmission. They suggested it was user error. Yes, I'm deliberately scaring myself and risking accidents.

- , Arlington, MA, USA

Mar 022011

Liberty Sport 3.6L

I took it to a mechanic a week after I bought it.He drove it,but didn't hear the clunk. I then realized that it happened off & on,about once a month.I've had it checked twice more,but no one thinks it's a big deal..since they don't hear it. Now it clunks into a different gear while I'm sitting at a light! Changes gears while I'm driving. I can't really afford a new transmission for this stupid,old vehicle.With the other recalls-,that the dealer refuses to fix,I'm ready to junk it.

- , Springhill, FL, USA