2004 Jeep Liberty accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Liberty:

2004 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Feb 042014

TL-the contact owns a 2004 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated while traveling approximately 40 mph, the front driver's side seat heater was activated and burned a hole in the bottom seat cushion. The contact was able to continue driving. There was no personal injury. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 170,000.

- Paragoulv, AR, USA

May 092013

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

Hit from behind. The drivers seat held up well, but the force of the impact forced my legs backward off of the firewall controls and my legs were up against the seat when the vehicle came to a stop. My lower legs at the calves were crushed and this led to severe bleeding contained in the legs (compartment syndrome). No fractures but emergency surgery was needed. After reviewing photos of the vehicle interior today, it is apparent that my calves hit the seat adjustment bar that sticks out under and forward of the padded portion of the seat. I find this a common placement of the seat adjustment bar in many vehicles. If not for this bar I would be back to work this week and no significant medical bills. Overall the seat conformed well to me and did not cause me to fracture my neck (severe osteoporosis and prior neck Fusion). Updated 06/10/13 updated 6/13/13.. updated 06/13/2013 updated 06/17/2013 updated 7/31/13..updated 10/30/13 updated 10/31/2013

- Hudson, IA, USA

Jan 242013

Liberty 6-cyl

Driver's seat heater felt extremely hot against my back while driving. Leaned forward and smelled a burning odor, also felt jacket and back of seat which were both extremely hot and immediately turned off the heated seats. Upon arriving at work, got out of the vehicle and saw the front seat leather against where my back was had been burned, as well as the back of my jacket. Called the Chrysler recall phone number and was told that although there was a recall for the Jeep Grand Cherokee for the heated seats malfunctioning and overheating, that there was not a recall available for the same problem with the Jeep Liberty. Because the vehicle's warranty is expired, they said they will not cover expenses due to repairs. I then called my local dealer, who also said I would be responsible for repairs since there is not a recall for this model of Jeep. Upon searching the web, there are numerous accounts of other Jeep liberties with this issue, including a court case that was filed 10/29/12 for a 2004 Jeep Liberty which the heated seats generated dangerously high temperatures in which a consumer endured third degree burns. This is a serious safety issue, which could potentially cause a fire or injury to consumers.

- Baptistown, NJ, USA