7.9

2004 Jeep Liberty wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Liberty:

2004 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Dec 242004

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

On or around 12/23/2004 we received between 5 to 7 inches of snow. After driving on the unplowed roads the rims on the right side of my 2004 Jeep Liberty became partly clogged with snow causing an out-of-balance condition. This out-of-balance condition caused me to have to pull off the side of I-75 North near the route 20 exit. I drove along the brim of I-75 tell the exit and got off the expressway. After looking at the rims I noticed they were packed with snow. I then drove to a quarter car wash and using hot soapy water removed the snow from the rims. This same condition showed up the next day and was fixed in the same manner. I contacted the dealership ed schmidt Jeep Eagle (26875 N dixie hwy perrysburg, oh 43552 phone: 419 874-4331) and requested a factory rep. To be called. On 01/04/2004 I was contacted by a factory rep. I explained the situation to her and was asked if I had driven another Jeep Liberty to see if it did the same thing. I told her no and she said that if I like the next time we got a heavy snow I can come in and see if any other Liberty?S did the same thing. I then called DaimlerChrysler ref. # 13001582 talked with a customer care person and she called the dealership and was told by the service manager (chuck) that if I put hub caps on the rims that may keep the rims from filling with ice and snow. The rim is manufactured with a deep pocket at the front inside of the rim. This pocket fills with snow when the vehicle is driven in snow. If this pocket was not there as with other rims, the snow could not become entrapped in the rim causing the out-of-balance condition.

- Perrysburg, OH, USA