2004 Jeep Liberty wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Liberty:

2004 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Jun 022016

Liberty 6-cyl

I have had the front lower ball joints replaced twice on my 2004 Jeep Liberty. I was driving both timed it has happened costing me tow and repair costs. I feel I should have been notified about the dangerous safety recall on this vehicle. I am now after leaning that it also hssv12 recalls and safety issues including the gas tank and suspension and stability of my vehicle am afraid to even drive it out if concern for mine and others safety. I am a 62 year old fudablrd woman and need this vehicle fixed and brought up to safety standards. Please tell me what and where to do to get issues resolved. Thank you

- Fayetteville, WV, USA

Feb 242016

On my 2004 Jeep Liberty I have had the lower front ball joints replace a few years back by the F23 recall. This week as I was replacing upper control arms, which come pre assembled with the ball joint, I noticed the boots for the lower ball joints were again damaged. I also noticed that there is a loud noise when going over unsmooth surface roads, etc. I am thinking this could be caused by the rear upper control arm. Now I'm not a professional mechanic, but common sense tells me that the engineering on the suspension has been compromised. I contacted Chrysler, who told me to contact a dealer, who told me they would get back to me on this problem. I also experienced multiple window regulator problems, along with recalls on the air bags system as well as gas tank protection recalls.

- Mermentau, LA, USA

Jan 032016

Something loose and smoking under my SUV, told has to do with front end suspension, the 2 front tires shakes, driving over railroad tracks, speed bumps etc. Causes my front to look lower down to the ground. The R R side along with back tire sensor saying preform service. My front end suspension vibrates and shake like its coming apart, along with tire sensor flashing.driving city neighborhoods with high speed bumps causes the suspension to feel as if it coming off vehicle.

- Chesterfield, VA, USA

Nov 192014

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

Vehicle vibrates at any speed and worsens upon braking. Have had alignment done 3 times and alignment keeps failing. Tires are all new. Have had the camber and casters replaced in front, did not help vibration. Brakes have been replaced, vibration persists. Vibration is so powerful upon braking that sterring wheel bounces out of my hands. The vibration when driving sounds like I have a flat tire.

- Byron, NY, USA

Jan 272014

There was a loud pop and the front wheel started wobbling and I could not move the car, and according to opelika Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep, my lower ball joint broke. My complaint: My vehicle has been at the dealership in opelika, al for a month with promises of the parts coming in, but as of today, 2/25/2014, are still not there. Although, the dealership is covering the charge, had I known it was going to take this long, I'm sure I could have had it repaired with all of the rental car expenses I have incurred. This is harsh lesson about dealing with a dealership. Thank you.

- Opelika, AL, USA

Nov 052013

Liberty 6-cyl

My Jeep airbag failed after vehicle crashed into a bush and rolled 60-80 feet down an embankment after hitting an animal on an icy road.. my concern is that I was not notified by my dealer (taylor & sons, ponderay Idaho) or by Chrysler regarding any safety recalls until after the crash. I found out about recalls after my insurance agent gave me a list of recalls recently.

- Ponderay, ID, USA

May 182013

Liberty 6-cyl

I was driving about 55mph when the vehicle starting shaking. I slowed down and exited the freeway. The shaking got worse, and when I turned into the gas station, the front wheel actually came off and rolled down the street. Vehicle had to be towed. It looks like the lug nuts just broke off. I had no work done on the vehicle for the past 2 months or so.

- Montello, WI, USA