8.1

1. replaced window regulator (32 reports)
  2. make a recall! (18 reports)
  4. keep replacing them (17 reports)
  5. fixed window regulator (11 reports)
  6. bolt window in up position-better than tape (5 reports)
2004 Jeep Liberty windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Liberty:

2004 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments (Page 2 of 6)

Jul 092014

Liberty Limited 3.7L

As I stated in my last complaint... 2004 Jeep Liberty

Two years ago my front passenger window stopped working. I never contacted Jeep, went to a window repair shop. Cost me $450. Never considered calling Jeep. Just a repair that was needed.

Now it's only two years later and the same problem has happened again with the same window. Seems very ODD that the same window would break again. NOW I am angry!!! $465. to fix. I started looking for similar problems and have found many many complaints!! WHY is there No Recall??

VERY ANGRY

- , norwalk, CT, USA

May 152014

Liberty Limited V6

I feel that if Jeep is aware of a problem with the motor in ANY of the vehicles there should be a recall. Can someone please help me get this done...thanks!

- , Manassas, VA, USA

Mar 142012

Liberty Sport 3.7L

WINDOW REGULATOR ON BOTH DRIVERS AND PASSENGER BROKEN. FIXED ONE, BUT LATER IT BROKE AGAIN. SO NOW I HAVE BOTH WINDOWS THAT DON'T WORK. I'M ,WHATS THE WORD , PRETTY PISSED OFF. TO FIX MAY COST BETWEEN 700-1000 TO FIX DEPENDING WHERE YOU GO. WHAT A JOKE!. SO THREE REPAIRS TOTAL. I HARDLY USED THE PASSENGER WINDOW BUT IT BROKE. HOW MANY OTHER OWNERS ARE OUT THERE WITH THE SAME PROBLEMS? JEEP SHOULD PICK UP THE TAB ON THIS ONE.

- , Folsom, CA, USA

Jun 012009

Liberty 3.2L V6

I just wanna share my experienced of this Jeep Liberty 2004..Since i was the 3rd owner ..at that time..the mileage was 54,000 in 2008..I started noticing the front window regulator is malfunctions..so we have to close it which is really hard to stop from closing up position..during summer decided to fix it..Then had an accident busted my window while on park at the grocery store (don't know who hit me he/she left the scene) the guy fixed it..and used the same regulator..(2010) that window regulator stop working (it works for a few months) yes all the window down 2011..of course i need a stopper which is very hard to do (passenger side rare window)..Then 2012 another one driver side rare window regulator malfunction yepeeee...so both of my windows..their both terrible..when its tight..if summer i'm in trouble some of the windows half way down..can't hold it from up position..

I'm doing my best deal this kinda vehicle..I think they made great functional regulator at all..Yes buy jeep liberty but oh boy this is tiring..back windows idk the holder is broken..so i'm not sure any repair can be done by the manufacturer..thank you..

Update from Jun 23, 2014: I called 1-800-853-1403 hoping they have a recall for window regulator..still none..so please call this number asap so they can fixed our windows..all 4 of my window regulator is now broken..yes..its gone..mileage of 79,200 less because he only drove less..for 4 miles a day..really helps the gas too..:)..but the windows when we're road trip its not safe..especially we wanna closed it tight..yes we had to to put a thick rubber to hold or plastic..terrible but that's the only way..Please tell everyone all jeep liberty especially 2004 to call Chrysler Group LLC asap..so they can fix our malfunction windows..thank you so much..!

- , Austin, TX, USA

Apr 012012

Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

Every six months the window motor regulator on one of the power windows on my Liberty fails. I go to the dealership to have it replaced and if it is a window that was fixed within the last six months, all I have to pay is a deductible. if not, it's a minimum of $450. I simply don't understand why this hasn't been recalled for the 2004 liberty or why Chrysler hasn't come up with a better solution except for the fact that they are making money it is frustrating as hell. The liberty is the first vehicle I have had that has had issues like this, when I took the Liberty in today, the service tech that I always see asked me how many times I've had a window fixed. I told him I've lost count but probably close to 10. in fact, I was driving home from getting one fixed and another broke. As much as I love the jeep, I will not be keeping it much longer. and I won't purchase another one.

Jun 012010

Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

I'm working backwards trying to make sure I report each time a window regulator has failed. Dates are approximate as is mileage but the frustration is very, very real. There is no warning when the plastic part fails, you are driving down the road or you come out of a store or your house and the window has fallen down. It's unacceptable.

Aug 012011

Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

This window regulator was the third time it had gone out on the driver's window and was within the six month period of the prior one so it only cost me $100. It's frustrating because it is a nothing part that if you don't get it fixed, it could turn into a stolen car issue. I have been told it breaks when you overuse it, I have been told it breaks when you don't use it. Which is it fellas? Get your stories straight. Consumers get fed up!

Apr 192012

Liberty Limited 3.7L

Well, like everyone else regarding this matter...not too happy with it. The front driver door window failed about 2 months ago, and now the passenger window on same side has failed. The parts and labor are too expensive to replace, in my opinion. $300 per window, not doing it. I would rather sell the car, knowing from everyone else that the other 2 windows are next. I've been the sole owner for 8 years, and haven't had any other major problems. However, the car has other annoying problems. Such as the ignition locking up at random times, and Chrysler is aware of it. This started about 2 years ago. I will be entering that complaint separately.

- , Keller, TX, USA

Mar 272013

Liberty 3.7L

Very frustrating and very unbelievable. I just won't accept the dealer saying its not a eyebrow raiser, because he has not heart much about this incident. Well I just shared my story with you, that along should be enough to become concerned...bottom line, my windows are faulty and this is dangerous. No I'm not under warranty. I purchased my 2004 used vehicle in 2006, and I don't believe it is old enough, used enough to be experiencing such breakdowns. Somebody, anybody, what do you think?

Mar 212013

Liberty Limited 3.2L V6

I have 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited and both rear windows fell into door but not all of the way down. I previously had one fixed and a little over a year it broke again (not covered under warranty) and the cost is around $ 400.00 for each to be fixed. The short term solution was to lift window up to the closed position and wedge cardboard into the moulding between window. I purchased two #46134 Dual Suction Cup Lifters from Harbor Freight at a cost of $ 5.00 each and attached them to the inside of the windows. This prevents the windows from falling down into the door and since they are black and the window is tinted you cant see them from the outside. Since this is an on going Jeep problem and the Jeep Service Manager even acknowledged to me that a recall should have been initiated WHY HAS JEEP NEVER INITIATED A RECALL TO FIX THIS PROBLEM?

I will do some research to find a metal replacement part instead of the cheap plastic that Jeep uses to fix the problem.

My son had a Jeep Cherokee and had the same problem, he now has a Honda Accord, Loves It!

- , Calabash, NC, USA

Feb 012012

Liberty Sport 3.6L V6

I've had 3 window regulators break within the same year. 3!!! I'ts been a huge pain in my butt for this to keep happening. The first window cost a little over $400 to be fixed by a mechanic, the second one I fixed by myself, the third is still taped up. I've had people tell me that they are thinking of buying a Jeep and I tell them about all the problems I've had with my Liberty then I tell them to go buy something else. I loved the Jeep brand once, but after finding all the cheap parts inside mine. I will never buy one again!

If anyone is interested in how I fixed my window myself: I ordered a Dorman brand window regulator from Amazon for about a $100 (the rear window ones run about $80) and then I watched a few youtube videos on fixing them. The whole process took me about an hour and I only had to use two tools (a Phillips head screwdriver and a socket wrench). It really wasn't as difficult as I had imagined and it saved me several hundred dollars.

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jan 082013

Liberty 3.7L

Good morning. It was very annoying when my passenger's front window dropped inside the door. It was and wasn't okay when the problem first arose. I was very concerned. I immediately took it to my dad to see what he knew about it or could do. He went to the pick and pull junkyard and got a plastic replacement window to hold me over until I could get if fixed, which I did about 3 weeks after the problem occurred. The problem occurred on January 8, 2013 and I got it fixed on January 29th, only for the opposite front drivers window to do the exact same thing two days after I got it out the shop. Well this time, my dad placed a 2 by 4 to hold it in place. And now only about 2 months later March 28, 2013 my back passenger window has suffered the same faith. Back on February 5, 2013 I took my car into the Chrysler dealer because they contacted me about a recall, and at this time I explained my incident to them; they stated they had maybe a few concerns about the window regulator, but that it wasn't enough to raise an eyebrow about. I understand why that would not be an eyebrow raiser. In less than 3 months, I have had 3 of my car window to just drop inside the door of my vehicle and the dealer doesn't think that this is call for a recall, or send out notices to Jeep dealer and work on the responses received to then determine if this is a major issue or not? Very costly, and inconvenient especially when the incidents occur at different times. I would like to get some feed back, answers, shares on this matter, anybody? I have also been browsing the internet to find out if anyone else has experienced what I have, to see what their outcome was. Stressed out consumer...

Jan 312013

Liberty 3.7L

The window regulator went out in the passenger side of my 1/8/2012, I got it fixed on 1/29, just for it to again on 1/31. It is not fixed as of yet, which causes even more mental and financial problems. I need some background information and for someone to share with me if they have had this problem more than once, what they did, and what was the outcome, thanks, Sharon.

Nov 302011

Liberty Limited 3.2L V6

I have had 2 window regulators replaced a year prior and now all 4 need replacing. Windows just fall and will not stay up. I had to have ALL 4 of the windows c-clamped from inside the door panel just to avoid a $300 per window regulator replacement and to keep the elements of weather out. GRRRRRRR! SOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!

Aug 132011

Jun 102011

Nov 192011

Jul 162011

Aug 132011

Liberty Limited 3.2L V6

I have had 2 window regulators replaced a year prior and now all 4 need replacing. Windows just fall and will not stay up. I had to have ALL 4 of the windows c-clamped from inside the door panel just to avoid a $300 per window regulator replacement and to keep the elements of weather out. 2 windows in 1 week. GRRRRRRR! SOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!

Mar 112012

Liberty Limited 3.2L V6

this must be a common complaint as the driver's regulator broke the year before.

- , New Smyrna Beach, FL, USA