8.1

1. replaced window regulator (32 reports)
  2. make a recall! (18 reports)
  4. keep replacing them (17 reports)
  5. fixed window regulator (11 reports)
  6. bolt window in up position-better than tape (5 reports)
2004 Jeep Liberty windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Liberty:

2004 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments (Page 5 of 6)

Sep 162009

Liberty SP

(Sept. 09)Took our 2004 Jeep Liberty to the jeep dealership to fix a window that wouldn't stay up on back driver's side. For no reason and the window was hardly ever used the window would keep falling down and not staying up. Took it in for repair and the window regulator was replaced. Several months later took it back to another jeep dealership. Sorry...it is not covered under warranty.(July 2010). Called the 800-992-1997 Chrysler Jeep Customer Hotline..given a reference number waiting on a call back. Can't afford to spend another $300+ again to fix the same exact problem.

Update from Dec 6, 2011: problem fixed at cost $96 which covered labor cost. Goodwill warranty on the part from Chrysler. Now the opposite rear window regulator needs to be replaced but told it will cost and as of 12/2011 the front driver's window regulator will have to be replaced at cost of $350.

- , Aubrey, TX, USA

Apr 042010

Liberty 3.7L

Have 2 jeep libertys with four regulators gone. My daughter has already fixed one window once, now she has two more out. I think Jeep should pay for this. After finding this sight, this is an outrage.Shame on you Jeep! I will never buy another Chrylser product!

- , Spicewood, TX, USA

Mar 312010

Liberty 3.2L V6

Window window #2 within a week of window #1I paid for #1 as it is the front window, can't pay for number 2 right now how can we get this covered by Chrysler?

Mar 272010

Liberty 3.2L V6

We need to build a case, get Chrysler to step up and cover the damages that they obviously know about - how do we get started?

Apr 122010

Liberty 3.2L V6

Window #3 within 5 weeks I am furious, just waiting for the driver side front window to go out too! This is upsetting, expensive and frustrating not to get help from Chrysler.

Mar 262010

Liberty V6

Replacing the third window regulator. Called Jeep and they told me we would have to have the problem diagnosed before they MIGHT help pay for repair. I took the car to the Jeep dealer today. First they didn't have me scheduled even after I called for an appointment. Then the guy told me he would let me know if the charge would be more that $100. I told him I didn't need to pay someone money to tell me what was wrong with the window. I got in the car and left. Called the salvage yard and ordered one for $75. If I would have had a screwdriver I could have had it apart in 5 minutes to show him what the problem was. Called Jeep back and told them I was quite angry with their service. This is an issue that needs to be corrected. All they said was that they were sorry I was having problems.

No wonder Chrysler sales are down when the other automakers are showing increased sales.

- , Norwalk, IA, USA

Feb 032010

Liberty

My name is Travis and I work for a small used car lot in Daytona Beach, FL. My boss recently purchased an 06 Jeep Liberty Sport and asked me to look at the driver's side window regulator. Well, when I got in the Liberty, 3 of the 4 windows were not working. So I made some phone calls to find the part. No one had it but the dealer and they wanted us to change the regulator and the glass. Cost on these for us was well over $200 a piece. (We were quoted a diferent price for all three!) Paying $600+ plus labor was out of the question. I pulled one of the regulators out and we looked at it for a couple hours. With the help of a local hardware store salesperson, we have come up with a solution to replace the plastic piece that holds the cable of the regulator to the clip that goes on the window glass. This fix will work for all year models from 2002-2007. We charge $100 for the fix because it is labor intensive. It sure beats paying an outrageous price to the dealer and it is a solution that will last much longer because of quality parts.

- , Daytona Beach, FL, USA

Mar 092010

Liberty Limited V6 3.7L

For starters I am a BROKE college student, and I am driving down the road when my freaking back right window just falls!!! How the hell does that happen? After visiting 4 mechanics I got a "low" quote of $379...really? Can we just duck tape the SOB window up??? This is so ridiculous, why the hell didn't jeep recall this problem? I have loved this jeep up until now, the dealership was the biggest joke of all...they quoted me over $500. No thank you, I will NEVER EVER own another jeep. I'm switching to honda...jeep is sh*tty. Anddd of course I live in a campus apartment with NO garage, which means I had to empty my jeep and it's suppose to rain tomorrow morning....yay! Screw you Jeep...I'd rather be driving a toyota at this point...at least they know how to call a recall.

- , Huntersville, NC, USA

Sep 172008

Liberty Limited V6

My front passenger window regulator broke and the window fell into the door. I took everything apart to look at the problem and found the bracket that holds the window is plastic. I did my best to fix it but it kept breaking in different places so i ended up wedging a piece of wood into the door interior rendering the window inoperative. This sux!

- , Cabot, AR, USA

Feb 012010

Liberty

3 out of the 4 windows have gone bad. It is inconvenient and costly.

- , Leesburg, VA, USA

Oct 082009

Liberty 3.7L

This car has given me a lot of problems with the regulator. i replace one already and now the other one on the back is gone too. I pay $160 for the first one, i'm looking online to see if i can find a cheaper one Jeep Should help pay for this problem because the car is still under warranty with less than 75000 miles

- , Baldwin Park, CA, USA

Feb 182010

Liberty Limited V6

So after my passenger window failed a few years ago my front driver window regulator broke in the same place. I can't beliefe that they used such a crappy piece of plastic to hold a window in such a high use item. This is horrible. Not only is it annoying it can cause damage to the interior if there is any bad weather and you can't roll up the window. I hate spending money on an obvious defect in the design of the Liberty. I will think twice before I buy Jeep again.

- , Cabot, AR, USA

Jan 142010

Liberty V6

I can't believe it! Again with the windows. What was the purpose of purchasing an extended warranty if the one problem you have is with the windows and they are not covered? I am getting totally pissed off. It is killing me seeing all the people with the same window problems. I always swore I would get a new Liberty but now forget it. I think I'll look for something more reliable like a Japanese suv. What is wrong with Jeep that they won;t make their customers happy and fix the problem? Know wonder they are in financial trouble. They keep losing customers.

Sep 152009

Liberty V6

I already had the regulator fixed a few months after buying the jeep. Now the same window breaks again. This time my extended warranty did not cover the repair, and the dealership I was forced to go to wanted $300 to fix it. I just told them to fix it in the up position. They charged me $100 to keep it up. What a rip off.

Jan 112008

Liberty V6

Just got the Jeep and within 3 months rear passenger window stops working. No problem under warranty. Dealership was great about it.

Oct 182009

Liberty LTD 3.7L

This is a low usage part; I rarely roll the rear windows down. The I found this site and saw how many other people have had this problem multiple times. I saddens me that Jeep would put out such a cheaply manufactured part.

I was worried about having to this this again in the future. The replacement register is $200. I did some more research on the Internet and found a place that manufactures just a replacement piece of the register and it's made of steel instead of plastic.

The place is called steigerperformance and the part is around 90 bucks. Their instructions are very good but you do need to be a pretty good do-it-yourselfer.

I'll try to update my success after I have received and installed the part.

- , Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Oct 192009

Liberty LE V6

So, Yesterday, took my Jeep to have the rear passenger window regulator replaced for the second time in 18 months ($340). This morning, found that the Jeep dealership completely drained the juice from my battery. Had to have my battery jumped at 8:30 tonight before I left work. The Jeep dealership of course say they have no hand in running down the battery...it was probably just a coincidence.

Have also replaced the rear driver side regulator twice. Replaced that one twice in less than 12 months. Had to replace the transmission at around 40K, but because I did not transfer the power train warranty (did not know I needed to do this - USED CAR BUYERS DO THIS PLEASE!!!) after buying from Carmax at 18K, I had to pay the full cost of repairs at around $4000. CD player also stopped working some where around 25 - 30K miles. It held one of my Ryan Adams CDs hostage for about 3 weeks before it finally popped out one day. I just don't bother to use CD player.

- , Spring, TX, USA

Sep 112009

Liberty 4x4 3.7L V6

this is the third window regulator that has had to be replaced on this vehicle. this is our only ride - i am the primary driver - we seldom use windows other than drivers side. we live in Alaska - it gets cold and tends to rain quite a bit in late summer/fall - and of course snow in winter. we are 15 miles out of town and further than that from our mechanic. also, our extended warranty does not cover the entire cost of repairs. i do not like automatic windows anyway, but it is difficult to find a vehicle without them these days. i am very disappointed with the windows. Will Chrysler Corp. hear about all these complaints or am i just venting to ease my frustration about this problem?

- , North Pole, AK, USA

Jun 012009

Liberty 3.2L

FIRST OFF IM THE ONLY DRIVER OF THIS VEHICLE, AND RARELY EVER OPEN BACK WINDOWS, NOTICED IT OPEN SLIGHTLY, TRIED TO CLOSE WITH NO AVAIL. LEASED THEN DECIDED TO OWN, 3 MONTHS INTO OWNING THIS STARTS WITH WINDOW, DRIVER SIDE BACK WINDOW FALLS, GETS LOWER AND LOWER ALL THE TIME, HAVE TALKED TO OTHERS WHO HAVE HAS THIS PROBLEM, ONE LADY I TALKED TO HAD HERS REPLACED 3 TIMES!!!!! THAT'S BULLSHIT!!! I CAN'T EVEN AFFORD TO TAKE IT INTO A DEALER TO GET IT FIXED!!! IT SHOULD BE A RECALL. THE MORE I READ THE MADDER I GET. NO WONDER DODGE CHRSYLER JEEP WENT UNDER, TOLD IT WILL COST 400 BUCKS OR BETTER, IN THIS ECONOMY?????? ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE MOTOR AT A REASONABLE PRICE, AFRAID THE DAMNED WINDOWS GONNA FALL AND BREAK EVENTUALLY!!! NO MORE DCJ, VEHICLES FOR ME , IM DONE, TRADE IN TIME IS COMING!!!!

- , Wakeman, OH, USA

Aug 042009

Liberty 3.7L V6

Its so bad when you are driving and you notice that the RR window goes down and you can do nothing about it. To repair this problem I paid $250.00 and they told me it could happen again. I think that they should offer a recall. They sell you all the parts

together that includes the window motor,regulator and the window glass what a pain and the only part you need is the regulator.

I am so disappointed buying this Liberty; I feel that they are taking advantage of the customers and thats why they are out of business.

- , Caguas, PR, Puerto Rico