2005 Jeep Liberty body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Jeep Liberty:

2005 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Mar 042014

Liberty 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that she attempted to have the vehicle repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure) but was informed that the parts were not available and that the dealer was not receiving parts approximately two months later. The contact felt that since the failure was reported in November of 2013, there should have been a remedy available before March of 2014. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable time for repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Miami, FL, USA

Mar 032014

Liberty 6-cyl

Driving about 40 miles an hour car stopped in front.I applied brake might have caught some ice not sure car speed up instead.seeing I wasn't going to stop in time veered off to right to miss car hit a pole and landed in a ditch but my airbags on driver and passenger side did not deploy.

- Circleville, OH, USA

Jun 152013

Liberty

The contact owns a 2005 Jeep Liberty. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number 13V252000 ( fuel system, gasoline, structure) however, the contact was not able to have the vehicle serviced under the recall because the required part was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Thomasville, GA, USA

Apr 202013

Liberty

Car hit me from behind. My check engine light is on says the fuel evaporation system.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Jan 012010

Liberty 6-cyl

Over time, the automatic shutoff on fuel pumps at gas stations began to not shut off until after a significant amount of fuel had spilled out (up to a half gallon). At first, I thought it may be the design of different pumps, so I experimented with different stations. I found that no matter what style pump or station I am at, this continues to occur. I have had to resort to estimating how much gasoline I need based on my gage prior to turning the vehicle off. Another option is to underestimate and never really have a full tank. I have found that severely slowing the pump down toward the end of what I think is the amount of gasoline I need for a full tank will usually (but not always) get the pump to shut off in time prior to overflowing. Although I have gotten better at estimating, there are still times that gasoline overflows. Aside from a fire hazard on the vehicle and on the ground at the pump, the gasoline can cause body damage over time. This has nothing to do with attempting to "top off" the tank after the pump shuts off. There is no top off room with this vehicle. I have had other vehicles that could take an extra gallon or more after the automatic shutoff, but this one does not. After looking at several forums and other online posts, I discovered that there are many other owners who have experienced this problem. I contacted Chrysler, left my information with them to be processed, and was told I'd be called back. They called back and left a voicemail saying that they would not be taking any action to fix it and that I could call back if I had any questions. I called back and could not get the agent that worked on my claim to call me back.

- Elkins, WV, USA

Oct 282010

Liberty 6-cyl

Power window has failed and allowed the glass to fall inside the door on three different windows. This has happened on my gasoline 2005 Liberty on three occasions beginning in 2010 and on my diesel 2005 Liberty, once in 2011.

- Dickinson, TX, USA

Jun 062012

Liberty 6-cyl

The rear passenger side window regulator broke due to wear of a plastic component. The window slides down completely and causes the car to be open to the elements/thieves. The rear driver side window regulator had the same issue the previous year.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Feb 012013

Liberty 4WD 4-cyl Diesel

This is the second incident on the same vehicle with the right front wheel falling off due to the five studs being sheared off. First incident was @ 104104mi and second at 152212mi. All mileage is highway mileage on the 4X4. No of-road rough treatment.

- Bowser, Bc Canada, AP, USA

Aug 012010

Liberty

The contact owns a 2005 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that when it rained water penetrated the driver side floor board causing the carpet to mildew. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 64,000 and the approximate current mileage was 73,000.

- Bronx , NY, USA

Jan 062009

Liberty 6-cyl

In late 2008 and early 2009 our paint on the top of our vehicle began to peel, we had always had our vehicle in a carport as of now the entire top has peeled off, from what I can tell it is the cleat coat. I had brought this to the attention of a Jeep dealership after a recall once.

- Barnsdall, OK, USA

Feb 102010

Liberty

When filling the gas tank on this vehicle, it fills up and then overflows before after the filler shuts off. This spills gasoline out and onto the ground. Potential for fire and it's bad for the environment.

- Thornton, CO, USA