2006 Jeep Liberty accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jeep Liberty:

2006 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Jan 102010

Liberty

Replaced 3 windows that would not stay closed (common problem). Went to dealer for an oil change found out that all 5 (or 6) break hoses were about to burst and car was unsafe to drive. No fault of my own but Jeep has "no idea" how it happened! kept my car for 4 weeks! now the key gets stuck in the ignition every time I turn off the car! car's a lemon!!!

- Baltimore, MD, USA

May 202010

Liberty 4WD

Both rear regulators have quit working, leaving my Jeep and myself vulnerable to others being able to easily enter the vehicle. We have replaced one and will be replacing the other next week due to the cost. As if that wasn't enough, the sun roof just quit working and stuck partially open. I hardly ever use it, so it did not break due to use. We took it into the dealership and it will cost $1300 dollars to repair, which we cannot afford. Also, fuel quite often overflows when fueling, spilling gasoline down the side of my Jeep as well as spraying out onto the person fueling. It does not matter how slowly we put the gasoline in, it still overflows.

- Belen, NM, USA

Oct 152009

Liberty

The windows in my 2006 Jeep Liberty keep falling down inside the door. I have had this happen to three of the four windows. One window I have had in the repair shop three times (dealership) to fix the same problem. The last time the problem was fixed, but now I can't open the door from the inside, which to me seems like a safety issue. My wife and I were driving back from a trip in the middle of a heavy rain storm when all of a sudden the window fell down inside the door. It started hailing which was a big safety issue for our children riding in the back seat. I am just thankful that what could have been a terrible accident did not happen. The dealership has told me that the problem occurs because of a bad motor inside the door panel. The cheapest I have found to fix this problem is $300 per window. This is ridiculous when the problem keeps occuring!

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Mar 112009

Liberty

2006 Jeep Liberty limited 4X4, all 4 of the windows have had regulator failure causing the windows to fall down into the door. These have all occurred at different times and even without anyone being in the vehicle. One of the recently replaced regulators that had already been repaired once have failed again while my wife was at work. She came out to leave work in the dark and as she went to drive off she noticed a window in the rear was down. She did not put it down it failed and fell on its own while inside of her place of employment again. This is a hazard that would have allowed someone to enter her vehicle and either steal from the vehicle or attack her. So all 4 power windows have failed and now they are starting to fail again. Warranty will expire this October and we fear we will be left with constant repairs and she constantly worries about her safety knowing it will most likely happen again. Rear gate also had a loud rattling noise coming from it and after it was supposedly fixed by dealer under warranty wife could not get the gate open to load groceries. Upon inspection by me I found that the Chrysler Jeep dealership just wrapped the gate latch striker with electrical tape instead of replacing the defective latch causing the door latch to bind and not open. This vehicle needs to either be recalled or enforce a mandatory tsb on a working revision of new parts.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Sep 052007

Liberty 6-cyl

On Wednesday, September 5, 2007, at approximately 8:30pm both my husband and I got in our 2006 Jeep Liberty with only 9,188 miles to drive home. Upon turning on the vehicle we turned up the air conditioner and heard a grinding sound. Unsure of what the noise was, my husband turned down the air for a moment. As he turned the air back up the blower fan fell out of the dashboard and into the foot area of the passenger front seat where I was sitting. The blower fan was still turning as it made contact with my feet because it did not detach from the electrical wiring. The blower fan continued running until my husband shut off the vehicle. Due to the fact that I was wearing sandals when the blower fan fell out of the dashboard my toes were severely lacerated and suffered abrasions. These injuries required me to seek medical attention. Due to this injury I have had to miss work, as it is not possible for me to wear shoes, stand for any length of time, or sit without elevating my feet. This incident along with other multiple faulty window components, all of which are warranty items, cause us concern. Particularly since the blower fan was a recalled part and had recently been replaced. We no longer feel that this vehicle is safe to operate and have contacted Chrysler headquarters customer service call center for assistance and are awaiting an inspection.

- Atlanta, GA, USA