2006 Jeep Liberty miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jeep Liberty:

2006 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 232013

My windows fall down due to a faulty window regulator. Each window has fallen at least once. My back passenger Jeep window has been fixed twice and fell again last year. Originally I was told my windows were fixed via a recall, but when I called last year and again today in reference to my window falling for a third time, I was told the issue was fixed via an extended warranty, which has since expired. I called the Chrysler/Jeep complaint line today and was told that even though this will be the seventh total time a window on my car will have to be fixed due to the faulty window regulator, I will have to pay to fix the problem out of my own pocket. I understand how an extended warranty works; however, I should not be responsible for fixing something that has already been fixed twice on one window. Not only is this a safety hazard while driving. Every day I fear someone will gain access to my car and either steal it, or wait until I get in the car and kidnap me or worse. I love my Jeep; however, I will not remain a Jeep owner for much longer. Thousands of people continuously have this issue. Just because someone hasn't died from it yet doesn't mean a recall shouldn't be placed on the car.

- Smyrna, DE, USA

Jun 062014

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

Could not remove key from ignition. Mechanic discovered cable from shifter to ignition broken. Mechanic also discovered piece within shifter broken that allowed shifter to move in and out of park without depressing brake.

- Topsham, ME, USA

Jan 142013

Liberty 6-cyl

My friend and I just finished having lunch at restaurant. It was snowing really bad, I brushed snow off and I pressed the left passenger button to let window down so that I can see and the window would not come back up. My friend and I got out of the Jeep and pushed window up with our hand. But when I drive it falls down, really bad during the summer time. Driving to work one day and the esp, bas and tcs light all come on. Eventually went off but after 4 mins lights came back on.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Sep 272011

2 back window motors don't work

- Washington, DC, USA

Jan 062014

Liberty 6-cyl

We never had any problems with the steering on our 2006 Jeep Liberty until we had a severe cold snap (Jeep was bought in fl and now resides in de) and then all of a sudden it developed a screeching, straining noise in the steering and all around didn't matter what speed we drove the noise was always there and consistent, whether you turned a corner, put on the brakes, backed up or drove on the road normally almost sounded like the brakes were dragging but we had the brakes changed in April 2013. Took Jeep to our auto repair shop and they diagnosed the vehicle with bad upper and lower ball joints. Don't understand why this would happen all of a sudden but in ended up a very costly repair. Enjoy our Jeep but if there was any recalls for ball joints we were never notified.

- Millsboro, DE, USA

Sep 262013

• 7,750,000 miles
Why isn't my Jeep on the recall? how do I know it does not have the same problem as all the other Jeep liberties.

- Dayton, OH, USA

Feb 012012

Has happened three times now on three different windows. While my daughter was driving down the road she would hear a loud pow and a window would fall down into the door frame. Alarming her and scaring her causing her to react in a way that she could have lost control of the vehicle. Both back windows and now her front passenger window has been effected. Looking on the internet I have found that this is a serious issue among Jeep owners. Jeep has yet to place a recall on this defective part (a plastic clip on the window regulators). Jeep did send me to a dealer to have it checked and stated that I would have to pay a deductible of over $100 per window to have it fixed and I'm told the front windows cost even more! this is a defective part from the factory/dealer causing the windows to drop into the door frame at any time as I stated above, when hers done it she could have wrecked from the sound and then the rush of air coming into her vehicle. She had no idea what had happened and if she had been driving at internet speeds, probably would have lost control due to the incident. I urge you to have Jeep fix this issue and not a fix to where it will happen again and again, but a permanent fix!

- Gaston, SC, USA

Mar 012011

Liberty 6-cyl

At 43,305 miles, I had to replace the main bearing oil seal. The cost was $556.91. At this low mileage, this seal should not fail.

- Davenport, IA, USA

Mar 312010

On my way home from work... with my 1 year old in the back seat.. the rear passenger window fell down and would not go up. My husband took it apart and we discovered that the window regulator had failed.. luckily it was not raining.. and the window did not break.. I did some research trying to locate a part and you have to replace the whole component which costs an average of $145 instead of the plastic clip that probably costs about $1. it was also brought to my attention that this is a very common problem in Liberty's and I was appalled that even new vehicles were having these problems! in my 10 minute search 20 people reported about having to replace this part several times in more than one window! Chrysler should really change something so this product doesn't fail so often in so many vehicles! some day someone will be injured because of this part malfunctioning. Luckily it was not my son!

- Locust Grove, GA, USA

Mar 282010

I own a 2006 Jeep Liberty each all of my window regulators have broken atleast once in the last 3yrs. My back driver side window has broken twice and my front passengar side window has broken twice. This causes the window to fall and cannot be held up.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Mar 202010

Rear window felll down. Was told the regulator is bad. I now see this is a very common problem with the Jeep Liberty. I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Mar 122010

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

Power windows of Jeep Liberty 2006 4X4 failed a second time. After driving on highway I realized that rear window on passenger side slid down into door and could not be pushed up again. This had happened the first time in July 2008 and was repaired under warranty. The window regulator was replaced. The failing of the power windows is a safety issue. The car can not safely left alone closed because the window always will slide down without warning-> rain damage, theft. Load can get damaged or fall out of the car, kids or pets can get hurt. The dealership states that the whole window assembly needs to be exchanged ($750) although the window is not damaged. This failure of the window regulators is common on 2006 and older models. Jeep has to do a recall and provide reliable and safe power windows on Liberty 2006 and older models.

- Portland, OR, USA

Oct 122009

Jeep Liberty renegade 2006 - broken window regulator 3X in 3 year. I bought this Jeep brand new and each year, the window comes off the track--in 3/07, 8/08, and now 10/09.

- East Windsor, NJ, USA

Jul 042008

Numerous mechanical problems all dash lights come on at once between 15 - 50 mph dealer replaced body control module lights still come on now has more problems after repair by dealer. Several recalls on this leased vehicle running up miles back 2 dealer rear window fall down repaired motor tried 2 quit 3 times could be dangerous in traffic seems it loses prime on fuel system. Also excessive tire wear on front tires had it aligned myself was out from factory 10 deg. I have no confidence in dealer 2 fix since I have more problems after last visit. Horn doesn't sound on key pad door lock and fog lights stay on at highbeam after electrical work. Vehicle has locked me out when I shut doors 4 no apparent reason switch keys in ignition and motor running.

- Elkton , KY, USA

Jul 012007

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

I would like to make a complaint about parkway Chrysler Dodge and Jeep dealer. I have a recall on my vehicle and I called them back in July of 2007, the said that they had to place an order on the part and it could take up to a month. Two month passed and I called them and they told me that it still isn't it and that they would call me when it was ready. This has been going on back and forth since July 2007 and now its Jan 2008 and I am getting another recall notice in the mail. I have had other issues with them too.

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA