2007 Jeep Liberty fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Liberty:

2007 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Jun 012009

Since I have purchased the car used from a dealership, there have been two recurrent problems with it. I have taken it to multiple dealerships and independent mechanics, and none can fix these two issues: 1.) when filling the gas tank at the gas station, the gas doesn't "shut off" when the tank is filled. The gas spills out over the side of the car almost every time I fill the tank - it does not matter the gas station. I was told to deal with it. 2.) my driver side front window does not work - it never has. I can roll it down, but when I try to have it close it comes out of track and gets stuck. I have even had it in under warranty to dealerships twice or three times (in addition to two independent mechanics' reviews) in which I was even reimbursed for a fix - that never worked. I have been told by all of these mechanics that there is nothing that can be done. Please note I am estimating when this started, as I cannot seem to remember the date of purchase - it is around the year 2009. I did buy the car used, and it is a 2007. I bought it with approximately 40,000 miles. If needed I can find paperwork for the exact date of purchase.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Nov 152012

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

When filling my gas tank to full, the fuels flows out of the filler tube before the pump shuts off, Chrysler acknowledged this by sending out a extended warranty on the effected parts for some owners of 07 and 08 models, but refuses to issues the same to my 07 Jeep Liberty. What gives?

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Apr 152013

Liberty 6-cyl

When fueling my 2007 Jeep Liberty, once the tank reaches the full point it burps out approximately 1 to 3 cups of gas with enough force to spill on me, if I am not standing to the side. I have taken the vehicle to the dealership and they where aware of this problem and stated no recall was in effect. I feel this is a very dangerous manufacturer defect that should be taken care of by recall. The dealer stated that the fuel canister and esim switch need to be replace for the cost of $250. As a retired firefighter I am surprised that this situation has not be addressed NHTSA.due to the potential of gas spills and potential fire at gas stations. Not to mention epa impacts.

- Streetsboro, OH, USA

Oct 182012

Liberty 6-cyl

Whenever I go to fill up my Jeep, after the pump kicks off, gas spews out all over the side of it. I have filled up at different gas stations and it does it at all of the.

- Grand Chute, WI, USA

Dec 052012

This is a complaint about the fuel issue that I have seen on here already.when I go to put fuel into the gas tank, it will not stop at the end as it's filling up. It just overflows. I would say at least a few cups of fuel flows down the side of the Jeep and down into the bottom of the vehicle and wheel well. I know that at some point it will lead to rust/corrosion among many other issues. I really wish this could be looked at and possibly fixed by manufacturer. It doesn't make sense that there are more than enough complaints about the same issue, with no help from the manufacturer. I also have the same problems as others with the windows. The regulator has a piece that breaks and then the whole regulator has to be replaced. This has happened 3 times already on different windows. Lastly, I just recently had an issue where the Jeep wouldn't start. The console lights and guages work fine and it acted like all was well, but the car wouldn't turn over when the key was turned. The result was the ignition switch actuator pin. It has a piece that breaks off and when that happens, the Jeep wont be able start. It isn't an easy fix for someone who isn't mechanically capable. Again, this is an issue that has happened to many people and honestly the manufacturer should do something about this. I could complain about more, but let's just leave it at that.

- South Beloit, IL, USA

Oct 202012

Liberty 6-cyl

I bought this vehicle used from a local dealership in October of 2012, when I went to fill the fuel tank the fuel filler neck did not register when it was full causing gasoline to splash back out on myself, vehicle, and ground. I emailed daimler Chrysler Jeep in regards to this and was told there was no recalls and even if there were my vehicle was to old. I find this a safety issue as well as an environmental issue and feel it should be corrected.

- Hudsonville , MI, USA

Dec 162012

Everytime I fill the gas tank, it does not shut off when the fuel reaches the nozzle. The gas shoots out and runs down the car. It has got on my clothes and is very dangerous. This needs to be fixed. I hope you can get the problem addressed soon.

- California, KY, USA

Dec 232011

On our 2007 Jeep Liberty sport gasoline spews out everytime we fill it if we do not slow the filling up when we think the tank may becoming near full. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you do it spews out gasoline onto the car and the person filling it. We never put it on auto turn off when filling the gas tank because it will spew out. This happens at any gas station in several states. This dangerous to the person filling the tank, to those at the gas station, and to the environment. A safety recall by Chrysler Jeep ought to be put in motion since many others have posted the same problem.

- Coudersport, PA, USA

Jul 142010

Liberty 4WD

Every time I fill up with gasoline it spits back a pint or more down the side of the body when the auto shutoff trips. I see this as a safety hazard, a waste of expensive fuel, and damaging to the environment.

- Boulder, CO, USA

Oct 112011

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that while refueling, fuel spilled out from the filler neck. As a result, fuel spilled onto the side of the vehicle and the ground. The vehicle had not been taken to the dealer. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 31,000 and the current mileage was 39,000.

- Davidson, MI, USA

Oct 312011

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that whenever refueling to full capacity, the fuel would continuously overflow from the filler neck valve and onto the ground. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for diagnosis. The contact was uncertain of the part which needed to be replaced. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Kansas City , MO, USA