2007 Jeep Liberty wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Liberty:

2007 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

May 042014

Liberty 6-cyl

On 7/2/2013 I bought two tires:Goodyear P235/65R17 103H amax at sam's club, and other two on 4/16/2013.after driving less that 5,000 miles on these tires, coming on I95 at night at a speed of 65 miles my tire pressure light came on and two minutes later my CRV Jeep Liberty 2007 started to zigzag. After gaining control of the car I stop to the right of the hwy and to my disbelief my right rear tire had detread completely. I feel my life was spared, that is the reason for my complaint. When I search for other information I found in here that there are others that have had similar problems with these tires. I will be contacting Goodyear. But want that this Agency look into this matter.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Jul 012011

Liberty 6-cyl

2007 Jeep Liberty. Consumer states problems with tires the consumer stated the vehicle appeared to have four new tires, when in fact only three of the tires were new. The fourth tire was the original spare tire manufactured three to four years earlier and had no tread wear.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Jan 312010

Liberty

No problems were experienced prior to Jan 31st, at which point my rear driverside tire blew out, through a tear in the sidewall. It appeared through slash marks, which I first I thought was vandalism. After closer inspection of all the other tires, I have found the same marks, and in the driverside front tire, a gap that is about to blow out as well. When I realized it was likely a defective set of tires, I called Goodyear. They told me to take the car into a dealer for inspection. The dealer confirmed it was a set of defective tires. Then they told me because I had good use up to that point, that I don't get to have full-price replacement, but only partial credit. The tires have been perfectly maintained, and would last me at least another 3-4 years because of my light-driving habits, and I don't have the resource to replace all my tires, nor can I continue to drive the car in this condition, it is unsafe!

- Atascocita, TX, USA

Apr 072008

Liberty 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. While the contact's son was driving 30 mph, he suddenly lost control of the vehicle. He drive onto a curb and crashed into a wall. There were no injuries and the vehicle was towed to the dealer. The dealer stated that the failure was due to driver error. Through internet research, the contact discovered two recalls that may pertain to the failure (NHTSA campaign id numbers 06V493000 (service brakes, hydraulic:antilock:control unit/module ) and 06V341000 (power train:automatic transmission). He took this information back to the dealer and they informed him to call NHTSA and file a complaint. The failure mileage was 6,193 and current mileage was 7,055. Updated 7/3/08 the consumers son was driving, when all of a sudden, the right front tire blew out. The dealer replaced the lower control arm, steering knuckle, ball joints and the inner and outer tie rod ends. Updated 07/03/08

- Albuquerque, NM, USA