2007 Jeep Liberty windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Liberty:

2007 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments (Page 6 of 8)

Sep 102009

For the 3rd time, the window of my 2007 Jeep Liberty has stopped working and is dropping into the door! in fact, at this moment, both of the back windows dropping into the door and the motor will not work. The first time it happened to my driver side front window, the car was under warranty. Now it is not and I am mad!!!!! when I called dealer to find out how much the motor would be they told me that design had changed and I would have to buy the windows too. This is crazy I have now learned on the internet and by talking to people that this is a common problem with Jeep/Chrysler with different years involved too. This is crazy what is it going to happen before they will issue recall some child get hurt by glass breaking or cause and accident. Also, since window is messed up the lock system on driver side back door is also messing up. Unknown if related. Chrysler Jeep needs to do a recall on this problem, fix all windows once and for all so we have peace of mind while we drive!

- Porterdale, GA, USA

Apr 032010

I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty. I have had 2 separate window regulators fail on 2 separate windows. The 2nd time this happened I was traveling on the freeway. The window slid down and seemed to cause issues with the door. The door came pratically open but maintained a catch on the door hook. I had to stop on the side of the freeway to address this problem. Luckily there was not a wreck. I was told there have been alot of complaints with this regulator problem but I have to pay to have it fixed. The window nor the door were being used as no one was sitting in that seat.

- Hixson, TN, USA

Aug 152009

The window regulators on all four windows keep failing and cause the cable to exit out of the locking mechanism. This in turn gives the door the appearance of being closed. The door can swing open and cause the passenger to fly out. The first time this happen my child was in the back seat with the proper restraints but just seeing the door open scared the you know what out of me. I took the vehicle to the dealer and they told me I was still covered so they changed the regulator on all four windows and said all was fine. A year later the same window did the same thing so again I went to the dealer but this time the story was different. Not only was my regulator bad but my window also had to be replaced. I was given a total of about $500 to repair the window again and I asked why I had to pay for something that was repaired one year before. They said this was not the first time this issue had happen and unfortunately their was no recall. I said it was not right to have to pay for something that was by all standards should be a complete and total recall.why do we wait for a accident or even worse death to happen before some thing is done. The job was done and I was surprised when I was only charged $100. I would have paid any price for my family's safety. Please don't wait for a tragedy to happen before a recall is in effect. I now have another regulator and window to repair and two more to keep an eye on. Thank you.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Oct 152009

I was looking at other complaints and noticed a similar problem with the electric windows. We repaired one window and are saving up to repair the next. It is absurd how much this costs to repair.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Mar 082010

Liberty 4WD

2007 Jeep Liberty 4X4 purchased June 2009 with 15K miles (program vehicle). October 2009 the drivers side power window failed when down selected. Dealership replaced regulator under mfgr warranty. March 2010 daughter and boyfriend were cruising at 65 mph on the interstate when the left rear window failed and partially fell into the door. They managed to pull the window into the closed position; but then had great difficulty getting the left rear door to latch shut. Evidently some component of the window regulator system was interferring with the latch mencahism. Luckily they were able to get the door closed to finish the drive home (60+ miles). Definite safety hazards include startled driver when window falls, doors that can be jammed either in closed or open position, and of course security. Mfgr charges customer for known defective design/engineering parts replacement (ie: Redesigned regulator & gless). Mfrg needs to be held responsible. Problem warrents a recall.

- Mendota, IL, USA

Mar 102007

Window regulator failures in all doors of 2007 Jeep Liberty.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Oct 282009

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. The contact was driving approximately 20 mph. There was a noise inside of the vehicle. The rear passenger window slid down inside the door without assistance. The driver was able to continue in operation. The window was manually moved in an upward position and secured with tape. The failure occurred on two separate occasions. The authorized dealer will be notified of the malfunction. The vehicle has not been repaired at this time. The failure mileage was 25,000. The current mileage was 33,000.

- Estes Park, CO, USA

Feb 262010

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. The vehicle was parked. The rear passenger window glass slid inside the door without assistance. The window was manually moved to an upward position and secured with tape. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for inspection. The part was ordered for the repair. The extended warranty covered the regulator. The rear window was not included in the service warranty. The failure mileage was 58,300.

- Fort Worth , TX, USA

Feb 182010

After a couple of months of use, the power windows stop working and the window eventually falls into the door frame. This happens every 6 to 8 months depending on how many times the window is put up or down. This results in a 700 dollar repair bill, and has occurred on all 4 windows several times over the 3 year window where we have owned this vehicle. The window regulators, motors, and window itself have been repaired several times, and they continue to fail to keep the window up.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Feb 222010

Have had 5 window regulators to break allowing window to fall inside door.the last one was during bad weather nearly causing an accident.

- Beech Bluff, TN, USA

Feb 012008

Door windows will fall down into the door unexpectedly. Appears to be a failure of the window regulator. A known issue with Chrysler. This has happened 3 times in my vehicle. Twice in my left rear door and once on the driver door. The driver door window was really scary when it happened at night when it was raining. Dealer will not replace the window because it is not under warranty. Result is that the windows are unusable and must be secured by tape or some other means to keep them up.

- Cameron Park, CA, USA

Oct 152009

On separate occasions and within 4 months of one another both rear window assemblies failed causing the windows to slide down into the door. This is during the operation of the window. It appears to be a defective part/design. Jeep service dept is now replacing the whole assembly including window at cost to the customer.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jan 262010

Power window regulators keep breaking---very costly repair once warranty expires! windows fall down and cannot be raised without service. This is the fourth incident. Many owners are in need of a permanent fix. There should be a recall.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Jan 292010

For the 3rd time, the window of my 2007 Jeep Liberty has stopped working and is dropping into the door! in fact, at this moment, the driver side front and rear windows are dropping into the door and the motor will not work. The first time it happened to my driver side front window, the car was under warranty. Now it is not and I am mad!!!!! Chrysler Jeep needs to do a recall on this problem, fix all windows once and for all so we have peace of mind while we drive!

- Conyers, GA, USA

Sep 232009

Third failure - 2007 Jeep Liberty - window regulator fails often. Widow regulator failure creates a dangerous situation if door is jammed thus secondary method of egress is unavailable. Also expensive fix: Repair is over $600 per window. Repaired windows (up until mid-2009) repaired with same defective regulator and would fail again. New regulator design came out mid-2009.

- San Antonito, NM, USA

Sep 072007

Liberty 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. The contact stated that all four windows in the vehicle have fallen into the door panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer eleven times. The dealer replaced the regulator and the glass eleven times. The manufacturer informed the contact that she had to pay for each repair. The failure mileage was 18,000 and the current mileage is 41,000. Updated 02/17/10. Updated 02/18/10

- Englewood, CO, USA

Jan 112010

My rear passenger side window fell down a few months ago, I had that replaced with the new and improved regulator and window. Then yesterday the front passenger side fell down, the window has not been in use because of the weather for some time. I called the dealer where I purchased the car and they gave me a quote of over $500. In this economy I do not have the extra money to have this repaired so right now it is jimmied up and my husband put a piece of plastic in there so it does not fall down until we have the extra money to get it repaired. I have called several Jeep dealerships and they have all told me the same thing, that this is an ongoing problem with these vehicles so if the Jeep dealer knows this and Chrysler knows this why is there not and effective recall on this. One dealer told me that there use to be a recall on this but since have dismissed it. I believe that the Chrysler foundation needs to pay for this and all repairs for the faulty window regulator and the new glass they need to install. We already pay for the vehicle itself why should we the consumers pay for faulty material when this is ongoing?

- Rogers, AR, USA

Oct 012009

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. In October of 2009 the left rear passenger window regulator failed. She took the vehicle to the dealer, and the technician adjusted the base to the door frame with a wire as a temporary repair. On December of 2009 the driver-side door window regulator also failed. The vehicle was out of warrant, so the estimated cost for the repair was $300. There was a new re-designed regulator that cost $357. The manufacturer took a report 19184879. The failure mileage was 80,000. The current mileage was 90,000.

- Randolph, ME, USA

Oct 282009

I purchased a 2007 Jeep Liberty in 2008. In October 2009, the window regulator (the control mechanism that allows my window to go up or down) on my rear driver side window broke. I had it diagnosed by the car dealer I purchased the vehicle from who wired the base of the window to the door frame temporarily to protect the interior from the elements. My warranty expired because I was over on the mileage. I took it to charlies in augusta, Maine who stated it is not on recall, therefore I would be required to have them diagnose the problem for a fee before they would fix it. Then the repair would cost approximately $300. Then in December, 2009 the front driver side window regulator broke. Again, the car dealer I purchased the vehicle from wired the base of the window to the door frame, as it was snowing outside, to protect the interior from the elements. I spoke with an employee at newcastle Chrysler who stated they have redesigned the regulator and window because of the problem and not only the regulator, but the glass would need to be replaced as well at a cost of $357. I am told I cannot inspect my vehicle, because of the front window not operating properly, that it is a safety issue. I consider the rear window to be a safety issue as well. If a child were in a child seat in the back seat and the window does not work properly, it could become hazardous. Therefore, I am requesting this be investigated as soon as possible and am looking forward to receiving a reply. You can contact me or by mail at susan bourget.

- Randolph, ME, USA

Dec 192009

This issue is regarding my Jeep Liberty '07 window regulator. Driving from work and I decided to open my rear passenger window and it made a cracking noise. I immediately stopped the button from opening the window further. I tried to close it again but it is just stuck there. This is the 3rd time that I had this problem and always that same window. The prior event was when it just stopped moving and a few seconds after that the glass window just dropped inside the door.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA