2010 Jeep Liberty brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Jeep Liberty:

2010 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Jan 042016

Tipms is bad. While going down highway the horn started blowing non stop the windshield wipers and fluid began to go extremely fast, the car stalled out when I tried to turn it off but horn windshield etc continue to go after car was off and keys out. The locks and security no longer work, the ac/heat no longer works.

- Gadsden, AL, USA

Dec 232015

Started vehicle and drove about 1/4 of a mile. The vehicle completely shut down and I had to manually steer it to the side of the road. Car would not start and power to everything was lost. Could not jump start even though battery was fully charged. Turned out to be faulty tipm. Vehicle only has 36,000 miles on it!

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Oct 082015

Over 2 weeks ago, I was coming home with my 2 year old, and as we came off the highway, the battery light came on, then a bunch of other random lights on the dash popped on and beeped at me. I heard the car die right as I coasted into a gas station. Tried to jump with 3 different cables and it wouldn't jump. Next day, replaced the battery and it started up fine. Drove to work (about 5 miles) and the battery light came on again as I came across a hill. More dash lights came on and it died again. Had a mechanic replace the alternator, and then we had to get a 2nd new battery because I killed the first one. Later that day I drove it around, and after about 5-10 minutes of driving, as I was coming up a hill, the battery light came on. Turned around and came home. Next day I drove about 10 minutes across town and back and the light came on again, but it made it. I thought maybe the battery was just trying to get charged up, so I drove on the highway for about an hour and it was fine. When I came off the highway, all the dash lights started coming on and dinging at me... and then it died again in a parking lot. Would jump at first but RPM meter would jump up and down and then die. Eventually it wouldn't jump at all. Replaced the alternator again. Jumped the vehicle, let it sit running for about 10 minutes. Revved the engine and it died. Won't start. Won't even click. Called Jeep and they thought it was a bad PCM. Mechanic rented a special tool to test it. The PCM is fine, but the tipm module is bad. Now all my other weird issues are making sense: Radio dials sometimes don't work, sometimes it stalls in the cold at randomly. And the air flap actuators stopped working, meaning that no air/heat blows out the top vents. And then it dying on me randomly, with no other warnings that things were going wrong.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Sep 292011

It was light to medium rain while stopped at a red light where traffic took off and had to stop soon after. As soon as I hit my brakes the ABS kicked in increasing the stopping distance of my Jeep causing me to rear end another vehicle. At the same time the ABS brake light, traction control brake light and stability control lights all came on at the same time and remained lit. I called the dealership the next day and was told this wasn't a serious problem and to bring it on Monday (I called Friday morning). The first time the dealer corrected the problem by replacing the brake switch and the tail light lamp switch. As I was leaving the dealership, less than a mile away, all of the lights came back on. They corrected it again, so I picked it up and it happened again two days later. In the mean time whenever it is a medium rain or above or it has been raining for an extended period of time the ABS brakes prematurely activate. The Jeep was inspected by Chrysler engineers who state it does not have any problems, and will not fix the damage to the vehicle.

- Royal Oak, MI, USA