- May 25: Government Sues Chrysler Over Ram and Jeep Emissions news | 2 days ago
- May 23: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Compass SUVs That May Roll Away recalls | 4 days ago
- May 19: Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee Emissions Fix Proposed news | 8 days ago
- April 27: Chrysler Leaking Sunroof Lawsuit Still Alive news | 30 days ago
- April 24: Lawsuit: Chrysler Gear Shift Confusing and Dangerous news | 33 days ago
2012 Jeep Liberty
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: On August 16th, 2012 Jeep stopped production of the the Jeep Liberty, marking the end of a troublesome journey for the SUV.
All in all, the 2012 Liberty actually excels off-road, but since 99% of drivers never take this thing off pavement, that becomes somewhat of a moot point. The Liberty suffers from the worst fuel economy in its class (16/22 MPG) and offers an uncomfortable ride with suspect braking ability.
Worst 2012 Liberty Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- seat belts / air bags problems15NHTSA complaints: 108
- electrical problems12NHTSA complaints: 60
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems9
- windows / windshield problems6NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems4NHTSA complaints: 23
- transmission problems3
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- cooling system problems1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 9
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Liberty Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Liberty compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Liberty overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Liberty.