- May 18: Fiat Chrysler Recalls 580,000 Cars and SUVs in 2 Recalls recalls | 12 days ago
- May 15: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Grand Cherokees For Locked Gear Shifters recalls | 15 days ago
- May 8: Lawsuit Alleges Jeep Recall Created 4-Wheel-Drive Problems news | 22 days ago
- April 22: Chrysler Recalls 1.1 Million Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 38 days ago
- April 2: Chrysler Recalls Ram 1500, Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee recalls | 58 days ago
2012 Jeep Liberty
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: On August 16th, 2012 Jeep stopped production of the the Jeep Liberty, marking the end of a troublesome journey for the SUV.
All in all, the 2012 Liberty actually excels off-road, but since 99% of drivers never take this thing off pavement, that becomes somewhat of a moot point. The Liberty suffers from the worst fuel economy in its class (16/22 MPG) and offers an uncomfortable ride with suspect braking ability.
Worst 2012 Liberty Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- seat belts / air bags problems13NHTSA complaints: 90
- interior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems7
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 46
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 6
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 19
- transmission problems2
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- cooling system problems1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 6
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Liberty Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Liberty compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Liberty overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Liberty.