- July 21: Jeep Compass Recalled to Keep Batteries From Exploding recalls | 4 days ago
- July 15: Chrysler Recalls 442,000 Cars and SUVs Over Alternator Failures recalls | 10 days ago
- June 14: Chrysler Calls Foul on University Emissions Report news | 41 days ago
- June 6: 2012 Jeep Liberty Airbag Lights Under Investigation investigations | 49 days ago
- June 2: Jeep Wrangler Casting Sand Lawsuit Alleges Engine Damage news | 53 days ago
2012 Jeep Liberty
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: On August 16th, 2012 Jeep stopped production of the the Jeep Liberty, marking the end of a troublesome journey for the SUV.
All in all, the 2012 Liberty actually excels off-road, but since 99% of drivers never take this thing off pavement, that becomes somewhat of a moot point. The Liberty suffers from the worst fuel economy in its class (16/22 MPG) and offers an uncomfortable ride with suspect braking ability.
Worst 2012 Liberty Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- seat belts / air bags problems16NHTSA complaints: 108
- electrical problems12NHTSA complaints: 60
- interior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems9
- windows / windshield problems7NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems4NHTSA complaints: 23
- transmission problems3
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- cooling system problems1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 9
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Liberty Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Liberty compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Liberty overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Liberty.