- September 20: Chrysler Agrees to Settle Dodge and Jeep TIPM Lawsuit
- September 5: Jeep Renegade Recalled To Keep Hackers Away
- August 31: Over 206,000 Jeep Cherokees Recalled For Windshield Wiper Problems
- August 30: American Car Owners Long For Horse and Buggy Days
- August 25: Jeep Grand Cherokee Roll Away Dangers Investigated
2012 Jeep Liberty
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: On August 16th, 2012 Jeep stopped production of the the Jeep Liberty, marking the end of a troublesome journey for the SUV.
All in all, the 2012 Liberty actually excels off-road, but since 99% of drivers never take this thing off pavement, that becomes somewhat of a moot point. The Liberty suffers from the worst fuel economy in its class (16/22 MPG) and offers an uncomfortable ride with suspect braking ability.
Worst 2012 Liberty Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- seat belts / air bags problems11NHTSA complaints: 68
- interior accessories problems8NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 33
- AC / heater problems4
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- transmission problems2
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- cooling system problems1
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 6
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 5
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 4
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Liberty Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Liberty compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Liberty overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Liberty.