- April 22: Chrysler Recalls 1.1 Million Vehicles For Rollaway Risk recalls | 7 days ago
- April 2: Chrysler Recalls Ram 1500, Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee recalls | 27 days ago
- March 18: FBI Warns Consumers About Car Hacking Vulnerabilities news | 42 days ago
- February 22: Safety Organization Wants New Investigation of Jeep Fires news | 67 days ago
- February 16: Chrysler Sued for Wrongful Death in Jeep Grand Cherokee Fire news | 73 days ago
2012 Jeep Liberty
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: On August 16th, 2012 Jeep stopped production of the the Jeep Liberty, marking the end of a troublesome journey for the SUV.
All in all, the 2012 Liberty actually excels off-road, but since 99% of drivers never take this thing off pavement, that becomes somewhat of a moot point. The Liberty suffers from the worst fuel economy in its class (16/22 MPG) and offers an uncomfortable ride with suspect braking ability.
Worst 2012 Liberty Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- seat belts / air bags problems12NHTSA complaints: 87
- interior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems7
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 46
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 6
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- transmission problems2
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- cooling system problems1
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 19
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 6
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Liberty Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Liberty compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Liberty overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Liberty.