- August 21: Bad Shocks Cause Recall of Jeep Cherokee, Ram 1500 and Chrysler 200
- August 2: Chrysler Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Over Jeep Ignition Switch
- July 22: Chrysler Recalls 792,000 Jeeps For Ignition Switch Problems
- July 19: Chrysler Lawsuit Filed After Jeep Grand Cherokee Fire
- July 17: Jeep Trailer Hitch "Fix" Will Take 2 Years to Complete
2012 Jeep Liberty
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: On August 16th, 2012 Jeep stopped production of the the Jeep Liberty, marking the end of a troublesome journey for the SUV.
All in all, the 2012 Liberty actually excels off-road, but since 99% of drivers never take this thing off pavement, that becomes somewhat of a moot point. The Liberty suffers from the worst fuel economy in its class (16/22 MPG) and offers an uncomfortable ride with suspect braking ability.
Worst 2012 Liberty Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 14
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 23
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- AC / heater problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problemsNHTSA: 8
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Liberty Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Liberty compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Liberty overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Liberty.