- September 25: Chrysler Recalls 349,000 Vehicles For Ignition Switch Defect
- September 21: Chrysler Recalls SUVs For TIPM Defects That Cause Engine Stall
- August 28: Judge Says Chrysler TIPM Class-Action Lawsuit Can Move Forward
- August 21: Bad Shocks Cause Recall of Jeep Cherokee, Ram 1500 and Chrysler 200
- August 2: Chrysler Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Over Jeep Ignition Switch
2012 Jeep Liberty
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: On August 16th, 2012 Jeep stopped production of the the Jeep Liberty, marking the end of a troublesome journey for the SUV.
All in all, the 2012 Liberty actually excels off-road, but since 99% of drivers never take this thing off pavement, that becomes somewhat of a moot point. The Liberty suffers from the worst fuel economy in its class (16/22 MPG) and offers an uncomfortable ride with suspect braking ability.
Worst 2012 Liberty Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 3
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 23
- AC / heater problems2
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- brakes problems1
- transmission problems1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problemsNHTSA: 8
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Liberty Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Liberty compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Liberty overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Liberty.