- February 2: Jeep Cherokees Recalled After Airbags Deploy Without a Crash
- January 16: Jeep Grand Cherokee Fires Under Federal Investigation
- December 16: Jeep Sunroof Leak Lawsuit Filed Against Chrysler
- December 3: Chrysler Recalls Vans and SUVs To Repair Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
2012 Jeep Liberty
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: On August 16th, 2012 Jeep stopped production of the the Jeep Liberty, marking the end of a troublesome journey for the SUV.
All in all, the 2012 Liberty actually excels off-road, but since 99% of drivers never take this thing off pavement, that becomes somewhat of a moot point. The Liberty suffers from the worst fuel economy in its class (16/22 MPG) and offers an uncomfortable ride with suspect braking ability.
Worst 2012 Liberty Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- seat belts / air bags problems8NHTSA complaints: 56
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems4
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 27
- transmission problems2
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 5
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 5
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
- steering problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Liberty Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Liberty compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Liberty overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Liberty.