- November 16: Chrysler TIPM Lawsuit Alleges Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep Vehicles Stall
- November 15: Remi Walden Wrongful Death Lawsuit Targets Chrysler
- October 15: Chrysler Recalls 917,000 Vehicles With Bad Alternators and Faulty Mirrors
- October 14: Jeep Liberty Window Regulator Lawsuit Says Chrysler Sold Bad Parts
- October 14: Chrysler Recalls 184,000 Dodge and Jeep SUVs to Fix Restraint Modules
2012 Jeep Liberty
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: On August 16th, 2012 Jeep stopped production of the the Jeep Liberty, marking the end of a troublesome journey for the SUV.
All in all, the 2012 Liberty actually excels off-road, but since 99% of drivers never take this thing off pavement, that becomes somewhat of a moot point. The Liberty suffers from the worst fuel economy in its class (16/22 MPG) and offers an uncomfortable ride with suspect braking ability.
Worst 2012 Liberty Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 3
- seat belts / air bags problems5NHTSA complaints: 23
- AC / heater problems2
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- brakes problems1
- transmission problems1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problemsNHTSA: 8
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Liberty Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Liberty compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Liberty overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Liberty.