- September 30: Jeep Grand Cherokee Automatic Braking Investigation Closed investigations | 1 days ago
- September 25: Jeep Grand Cherokee Gear Shifter Lawsuits Filed by 2 Moms news | 6 days ago
- September 15: Chrysler Recalls Cars and SUVs After 3 Deaths, 5 Injuries recalls | 16 days ago
- September 8: Jeep Cherokee Recalled to Fix Loose Seats recalls | 23 days ago
- September 6: Chrysler Sued In Death of Jeep Patriot Driver news | 25 days ago
2012 Jeep Liberty
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: On August 16th, 2012 Jeep stopped production of the the Jeep Liberty, marking the end of a troublesome journey for the SUV.
All in all, the 2012 Liberty actually excels off-road, but since 99% of drivers never take this thing off pavement, that becomes somewhat of a moot point. The Liberty suffers from the worst fuel economy in its class (16/22 MPG) and offers an uncomfortable ride with suspect braking ability.
Worst 2012 Liberty Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- seat belts / air bags problems14NHTSA complaints: 99
- interior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems7
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 55
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 7
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- transmission problems2
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- cooling system problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 9
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 7
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Liberty Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Liberty compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Liberty overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Liberty.