- January 15: EPA Targets Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee Emissions news | 2 days ago
- December 25: NHTSA to Tackle Cybersecurity and Talking Cars news | 23 days ago
- December 23: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Journey, Jeep Compass and Jeep Patriot SUVs recalls | 25 days ago
- December 1: Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel Lawsuit Filed news | 47 days ago
- November 21: Remington Walden Crash: Chrysler Will Pay $40 Million news | 57 days ago
2012 Jeep Liberty
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: On August 16th, 2012 Jeep stopped production of the the Jeep Liberty, marking the end of a troublesome journey for the SUV.
All in all, the 2012 Liberty actually excels off-road, but since 99% of drivers never take this thing off pavement, that becomes somewhat of a moot point. The Liberty suffers from the worst fuel economy in its class (16/22 MPG) and offers an uncomfortable ride with suspect braking ability.
Worst 2012 Liberty Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- seat belts / air bags problems14NHTSA complaints: 101
- interior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems8
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 57
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 22
- transmission problems2
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- cooling system problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 9
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Liberty Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Liberty compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Liberty overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Liberty.