- June 28: Chrysler Electronic Gear Shifters Cause Nearly 700 Complaints news | 1 days ago
- June 26: Chrysler Electronic Gear Shifter Focus of Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- June 22: Chrysler to Stop Making Vehicles With Certain Takata Airbags news | 7 days ago
- June 21: Jeep Electronic Gear Shifter Focus of Anton Yelchin's Death news | 8 days ago
- June 3: Chrysler Recalls Vans, SUVs and Trucks in 4 Recalls recalls | 26 days ago
2012 Jeep Liberty
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: On August 16th, 2012 Jeep stopped production of the the Jeep Liberty, marking the end of a troublesome journey for the SUV.
All in all, the 2012 Liberty actually excels off-road, but since 99% of drivers never take this thing off pavement, that becomes somewhat of a moot point. The Liberty suffers from the worst fuel economy in its class (16/22 MPG) and offers an uncomfortable ride with suspect braking ability.
Worst 2012 Liberty Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- seat belts / air bags problems13NHTSA complaints: 93
- interior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems7
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 49
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 6
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 19
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- transmission problems2
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- cooling system problems1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 8
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 7
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Liberty Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Liberty compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Liberty overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Liberty.