CarComplaints.com Notes: On August 16th, 2012 Jeep stopped production of the the Jeep Liberty, marking the end of a troublesome journey for the SUV.

All in all, the 2012 Liberty actually excels off-road, but since 99% of drivers never take this thing off pavement, that becomes somewhat of a moot point. The Liberty suffers from the worst fuel economy in its class (16/22 MPG) and offers an uncomfortable ride with suspect braking ability.

2.8

2012 Jeep Liberty fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Liberty:

2012 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Dec 162015

Liberty

Electric start has not been connecting. This morning I went to drive the car. Cannot drive accelerator is stuck. Cannot drive vehicle.

- Millburn, NJ, USA

Mar 032013

Liberty 6-cyl

After going thru a car wash, I was touching up the back of the vehicle when I noticed the exhaust pipe was rusted. I called the dealership on mon, stated my finding and reminded the service rep that I had purchased the vehicle brand new ~6 months ago (therefore was under warranty) I set up to drop it off on wed @12pm. ~ 30 minutes, after I was shuttled to work, the service mgr called and told me the rust was normal and only "surface rust". however, is going to replace it to keep the customer service up. I suggested some sort of coating to prevent another premature rusting, being many other occurrences have been reported but was told that can't be done. I hope tom when I am picked up to retrieve my Jeep that I won't be disappointed!

- Omaha, NE, USA