2007 Jeep Patriot drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Patriot:

2007 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Jan 122015

Going to town driving between 45mph and 50mph and the front tires stop turning and skid to a stop. Therefore causing my head face to strike the steering well resulting in a bleeding nose and a bruised chest.

- Collins, MS, USA

Jul 172013

At a stoplight idling, the engine RPM's dip below 500 and the vehicle begins to shudder and then stalls out. If the shifter is moved to neutral the shuddering stops. This has happened multiple times over the past few months. Took the vehicle to a Jeep dealer and they said they could not replicate the problem, the vehicle displayed no trouble codes and there were no recall notices in their system. It happens only at very slow speeds (1st gear) or when idling.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Apr 082014

Patriot 4-cyl

Vehicle was running fine, got off the highway to a stop light. When I hit the accelerator, vehicle shook, then began moving at a speed of 1 mph...

- Bethlehem, PA, USA

Sep 262007

I was stopped at a traffic light and my vehicle stalled on me, it began to shake a bit before it turned off. In order to get the vehicle back on, I had to turn the key to off, put the vehicle in park, then turn the vehicle back on. Unfortunately, I've been having this issue since 2007 and we are in 2013. I have taken the SUV to Jeep multiple times and they cannot find the problem, even after leaving it for over a week. Last week, I was making a U-turn when the vehicle stalled on me once again. I drew the line and I'm ready to take legal action. My life was suddenly in danger as I had a vehicle approaching me at over 40mph. Something must be done to get these vehicles off the street. The worst part is that Jeep gave me a lifetime power train warranty but since they are unable to locate the issue with the vehicle I have had to live with this horrible vehicle and the worst service that Jeep offers.

- Miami, FL, USA