2008 Jeep Patriot brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Jeep Patriot:

2008 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Sep 122016

Patriot

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Patriot. While driving various speeds, the ABS and eps warning indicators illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the ABS module failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 25,300.

- Trenton, IL, USA

Aug 082016

Patriot

I was driving my 2008 Jeep Patriot limited down the street and hit a pot hole and with in seconds it sounded like a flat tire. I pulled into the closest parking lot and got out there was no flat tried to drive it and the parking brake was locked I took the brakes apart and the parking brake on the one side completely fell out in my hands. The brake clips ripped out of the dust cover and the adjuster fell into to the drum and locked the brakes up. Luckily I was only doing 30 when it happens and slowed down other wise if I was on the highway I could only imagine what would of happened.

- Dubuquq, IA, USA

Jun 282016

Patriot

My vehicle was in motion in a 45 mph zone when, twice today, the brakes on my 2008 Jeep Patriot sank to the floor and braking was significantly reduced. I didn't even have to pump the brakes to get them to regain pressure after letting off the pedal; brakes worked on second attempt. Later down the road the failure occurred a second time. When I attempted to pump the brakes to build pressure, it was unnecessary... the brakes worked on second attempt. My vehicle did not display any warning indicators at the time of the failure; neither the brake like, ABS light, or any other lamp on the dash was illuminated when the brakes failed. Usually in the rain, my Patriot suffers from a stuttering and stalling issue that is reported by many Jeep Patriot owners, and has not been solved due to the irregularity of the problem. A direct cause for the issue is unknown and cannot be identified by the dealership or my regular mechanic.

- Cary, NC, USA

Jun 132015

Patriot

I have 3 parts problem of my car. 1.) my steering wheel are not in the perfect balance.normal steering wheel face 12 oclock but slightly turning to right about 12:30 or 1 oclock position, so when I run at slow speed about 5 mph it turn right about 3 second and when you run it at high speed more worse. 2.) my 2 bearing part is worn out I guess, because I notice that I run at 55 or 60 mph at freeway it make alot of noise like rumbling sound feels like falling apart. The effected part is on the passenger side on the right and the other one is on the back side on the left both of them need to replce soon as possible this request is urgent for my family saftey I have 1 years old daughter riding with me and my wife. 3.) my last compalint is my car brake this is scary I ever experience I cant really hardly discribe. Many of day I drove my car run at speed of 25 or 30 mph and when I hit the bump and press the brakes the brake goes all the way its feel like shaking and the brakes barely touch the floor its happen many time so dangerious I check my brake dot oil it was good perfect level. And I also complaint my car body part the hood, the back fender right side and left rusty, dent & scratches hopefully I can get a help soon.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Jun 132014

Patriot 4-cyl

The first time I had the Jeep in for repair 4 times making a noise in the back brakes that was Friday the 6/20/2014 and again today with noise in the front brakes they told me at monro muffler here in herkimer newyork 13350 that there isn't anything wrong with the brakes in the front but they still are rubbing after leaving there I went to a store a little down the road and the engine light come on they tell me it only the gas cap I just got this car 6/13/20014 the car sales was here in herkimer kamart parking lot vision is the name of the car dealer my total for this car is $12,697.92 I want them to take this car back I don't want it please do something for me thank you

- Herkimer, NY, USA

Mar 212014

Patriot

I took my Jeep Patriot 2008 to get two new tires. I was told the rear axle is rusted and car unsafe to drive. Thank god I needed tires. With less than 100,000 miles on my Jeep about 87,000 I do not feel this is regular wear and tear and is a definite safety concern.

- Douglassville, PA, USA

Jun 262013

Patriot 4-cyl

I parked my manual transmission in the bank flat parking lot. I put it in N' and pulled the E brake and placed my keys in the cup holder of the Jeep. I walked inside and waited in line until someone told me a red Jeep was going backwards down the main road. I ran out of the bank, down the road to find my Jeep stopped by a brick wall with the brake still pulled. Not only did it drive backwards on a very busy road it made a left hand turn out of the parking lot and then again at the light where it ran into the wall. Lucky for everyone it was a good driver and did not hit anyone or any car. Two men who recovered the Jeep where shocked to find no one in it.

- Clayton, OH, USA