2.6

2008 Jeep Patriot electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Jeep Patriot:

2008 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Oct 312016

Patriot

Rear differential failed. The entire differential was replaced by Jeep through unlimited powertrain warranty. Problem solved. -the frame and body begun to rust. The problem started to appear when the car was less than 5 years old. The problem was brought up to Jeep. Jeep declined to fix or address the problem. -engine stalls every 11 seconds. Faulty code shows: P2107: Throttle actuator control module processor. The throttle module was replaced twice. Problem persists. The engine completely shuts down while driving. Very unsafe due to loss of steering. Currently, the car is not driveable - problem not fixed. Request research help

- Cedarville, OH, USA

Oct 052016

Patriot

My mother owns a 2008 Jeep Patriot. I was driving her car on the highway at 60mph. Apparently, the car wanted to stall while driving at high speed. Due to an accident on the highway, I was able to reduced the speed safely. When I went to change lanes to the right, the signal spark and/or caused the interior lights to go on. The A/C cannot be on while driving either. There seems to be an electrical short that is causing all of these problems to happen all at once. I'm afraid to have my mother continue to drive the car. She only drives on local streets, but this too can cause an accident. I took her car 2 years ago to a Jeep dealer to repair an electrical short on the hatch door due to it getting wet. The dealer replaced the rubber moldings around the hatch door, but it has returned. And again they were not able to find the problem. All of theses problems keep persisting and she is afraid to drive.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Aug 242016

Patriot

Summary: While driving my car will still in the engine dies the car lots of Iowa city it doesn't matter where you're going after you put gas in the car he usually doesn't start but now it has started not letting you fill up with gas at stopping the fuel pump like your tank is full and it didn't put any gas in it but it's very dangerous and scary when you're driving down the road and your engine shuts off in the car stalls and locks up. The traction control will come on and it's an able to be turned off after it locks up and stalls and shuts off while you're driving it any speed it doesn't restart request research help very scary it's going to lead to something horrible happening this problem cannot get fixed

- Cedarville, OH, USA

Mar 012016

Patriot

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Patriot. Each time the vehicle was filled with fuel, the vehicle would stall without warning while driving at any speed. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the technician replaced the spark plug and suspected a sensor failure in the fuel tank. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Sinking Spring, PA, USA

Nov 082015

Patriot 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Patriot. While driving at a low speed, immediately after refueling, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. In addition, the cruise control lever was activated but failed to function and the doors failed to lock and unlock electronically. The failures recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the instrument cluster needed to be reprogrammed. The vehicle was repaired; however, the vehicle was not diagnosed for the stalling failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 92,000. Updated 03/04/16 updated 03/30/16.

- Palmerton, PA, USA

Dec 252015

Patriot

The vehicle was in motion when suddenly all the lights on the dash light up, the dials went crazy, the car bucked like it was stalling and then the engine cut off. I had the vehicle examined by a professional auto mechanic and he informed me that it was most likely the total integration power module which is common in most Jeep/Chrysler and have had a number of issues in recent years. It is an expensive repair to replace the entire tipm, but not doing so means driving the car is unreliable and incredibly dangerous, especially to other drivers who may not expect the car in front of them to suddenly stop.

- Boyce, VA, USA

Dec 132013

Patriot

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Patriot. The contact stated that a non-programmed key was used to start the vehicle and it activated the anti-theft system. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission control module needed to be replaced. In addition, the vehicle keys needed to be re-programmed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 91,000.

- Pahrump, NV, USA

Nov 132014

Patriot

Bought a used Jeep Patriot 2008. My Jeep is garage kept, but when I am at work, and it rains, the sunroof leaks. I did some research online and I see that is a common problem. Just wanted my vehicle added to let them know my sunroof leaks.

- Braidwood, IL, USA

Apr 132015

Patriot 4-cyl

I purchased my 2008 Jeep Patriot in summer 2010. In spring 2011 (when it actually rains in Texas) I noticed a puddle of water inside the floorboard of my car. I ignored it, but the next time it rained and I was in my car I learned how the mysterious puddle of water got into my car, through the dome light that was full of water. I took it to a mechanic and they could not figure out how the water got in. When I tried explaining to them my witness of the water leaking through the dome light, they could not find a leak anywhere. Since then, I have had multiple leaks in my car coming from the light inside my car and the piece to the left side of the windshield. Anytime I try to explain it to a Jeep dealership/take it to a mechanic to look at it, they "can't find a problem". honestly, after spending hundreds of dollars for people to tell me they cannot find anything I have given up. Over time, lights in the buttons of my radio have burned out, lights in my ac have burned out, but today I am letting my voice be heard... we had a downpour last Thursday in North Texas and I turned my car on Friday to once again the dome light leaking water (not a shocker for me anymore because unfortunately this is the norm) and my radio completely burned out. I cannot turn it on, see the time, nothing. It's gone. I called the Jeep dealership Friday morning and he mentioned he just got off the phone with 2 others who are having the exact same issues with their Jeep. It's now Monday and it has rained all night. I got into my Jeep this morning to go to work and my car wont even turn on now. It was working fine yesterday before the rain and now I am pretty sure it has completely shorted my cars electrical out. This needs to be recalled and fixed. There is no reason I should be paying hundreds of dollars for someone to tell me there is not a problem when there clearly is.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Apr 102015

Patriot 4-cyl

I purchased my 2008 Jeep Patriot in summer 2010. In spring 2011 (when it actually rains in Texas) I noticed a puddle of water inside the floorboard of my car. I ignored it, but the next time it rained and I was in my car I learned how the mysterious puddle of water got into my car. I took it to a mechanic, and they could not figure out how the water got in. When I tried explaining to them my witness of the water leaking through the dome light, they could not find a leak anywhere. Since then, I have had multiple leaks in my car coming from the light inside my car and the piece to the left of my steering wheel. Anytime I try to explain it to a Jeep dealership/take it to a mechanic to look at it, they "can't find a problem". honestly, after spending hundreds of dollars for people to tell me they cannot find anything, I have given up. Over time, lights in the buttons of my radio have burned out, lights in my ac have burned out, but today I am letting my voice be heard... we had a downpour yesterday in Texas and I turned my car on this morning to once again the dome light leaking water (not a shocker for me anymore because unfortunately this is the norm) and my radio completely burned out. I cannot turn it on, see the time, nothing. It's gone. I called the Jeep dealership this morning and he mentioned he just got off the phone with 2 others who are having the exact same issues with their Jeep. This needs to be recalled and fixed. There is no reason I should be paying hundreds of dollars for someone to tell me there is not a problem when there clearly is.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Nov 062014

Patriot

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Patriot. The contact stated while driving approximately 40 mph, the warning lights on the instrument panel started to flash, the brakes engaged independently and the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Clarksville , TN, USA

Jul 222014

Patriot

1. my daughter took her car in because it would not start and the mechanic told her the transmission was going. He finally got it started and she limped it home. July 22nd 2. my daughter was driving to work one week later and her car lost power and shut down on the highway, I called aaa and had it towed to dealer. August 2nd. He kept it for a week testing for issues. 3. I drove the car to work and when I tried to go home it would not start. I towed it to a Jeep dealer who figured out the problem and charged me $390 to fix it. August 15.

- Easton, MA, USA

Mar 112014

Patriot 4-cyl

I was driving over the bridge going 40 mph and I notice that the etc light came on. I attempted to turn off the vehicle, wait a few minutes and turn the vehicle back on. The etc light came back on. I had the vehicle towed to the repair facility and service advisor told me that my throttle body went out. The service advisor indicated that none of the dealerships have the part and none of the auto parts have an aftermarket. The service advisor indicated that there is a national back order of 18000 and they don?T know when I can get as part of my vehicle. I called Jeep cac and they told me that there is nothing that they can do. This is the first time I owned a Jeep vehicle and very upset. Of all the vehicles that I owned, I never heard that the dealership not having the part in stock.

- St Petersburg , FL, USA

Jan 082014

Patriot

The car was in drive, however the gas pedal was not accelerating the car. It jerked several times and felt like it was going to stall then the electronic throttle light came on for a short time then went out- I took it to my mechanic he confirmed the car needed the throttle body however there are none on long island there are more then 450 on backorder coming from overseas!!!! it has happened intermittently for the past week and I cannot get it fixed. I am afraid the it is dangerous. Apparently if I am not able to find this part on long island this may be an issue that Jeep Chrysler should be addressing. There are only 60K miles on this car.

- Dix Hills, NY, USA