3.3

2008 Jeep Patriot lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Jeep Patriot:

2008 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Oct 052016

Patriot

My mother owns a 2008 Jeep Patriot. I was driving her car on the highway at 60mph. Apparently, the car wanted to stall while driving at high speed. Due to an accident on the highway, I was able to reduced the speed safely. When I went to change lanes to the right, the signal spark and/or caused the interior lights to go on. The A/C cannot be on while driving either. There seems to be an electrical short that is causing all of these problems to happen all at once. I'm afraid to have my mother continue to drive the car. She only drives on local streets, but this too can cause an accident. I took her car 2 years ago to a Jeep dealer to repair an electrical short on the hatch door due to it getting wet. The dealer replaced the rubber moldings around the hatch door, but it has returned. And again they were not able to find the problem. All of theses problems keep persisting and she is afraid to drive.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Nov 132014

Patriot

Bought a used Jeep Patriot 2008. My Jeep is garage kept, but when I am at work, and it rains, the sunroof leaks. I did some research online and I see that is a common problem. Just wanted my vehicle added to let them know my sunroof leaks.

- Braidwood, IL, USA

May 122009

Patriot 4-cyl

Less than a year from buying the Patriot a severe wayer leakage started from the sunroof, sides and interior light of the Jeep. I literally need an umbrella inside the Jeep in order to protect me from not getting all wet. This happened continuously and can happen with the Jeep parked or running. This make me have to stop driving everytime it start to rain because of my reaction and reflects when it happens driving had made me loose the control of the vehicle and being very close to cause an accident. I've made multiple claims to the dealer and the central offices of the company here in pr and left my Jeep multiple times in the dealer in order to solve the problem. They left me without any other car in order to Transport myself for more than a week no matter the Jeep was in warranty. I also was being mistreating by the manager employees and customer service personnel. I got tired of this situation and decided to a temporary solution made but my personal mechanic. If by any chance I have an accident and get injured or injured someone else I fully responsible Jeep and all their co many for this and will take legal actions. I ve been doing research and there are multiple complaints regarding this and there are no solution or recall at all. Im just asking myself if they are waiting to have someone to get severe injured or dead in order to do something including all the safety agencies "?" I have multiple photos that can give faith of that im describing its true.

- Bayamon, PR, USA

Nov 282014

Patriot 4-cyl

My 2008 Jeep Patriot is leaking from the dome light after heavy rain this past weekend. The seats in my car, the rug and dash were so wet I'm still airing out my car and I'm so paranoid about mold and rust, or even worse the car creating a short circuit while my kids are in the car. My radio went out as well as a result of all the water leaking through, this is so upsetting. I was so disgusted to find out that there were so many people with this same exact problem and Jeep not recalling these cars or at least sending a voucher for whatever the expenses are to fix it. I read that some have had to take in their cars in more than once for the same repair and it doesn't get fixed, its like throwing money away. I"M still paying for my car and I don"T think that it is at all fair that I am paying for a car that I cannot trust now. Unfortunately I bought the car as is and that was my worst mistake ever. Jeep please do not ignore these pleas, we need safe reliable cars that we can trust. Beyond disappointed.

- Bell Gardens , CA, USA

Nov 022014

Patriot 4-cyl

I recently bought a 2008 Jeep Patriot in Florida and got on the highway to go head home to Mississippi the day after purchase and experienced a problem with the vehicle. I picked up speed in the vehicle and noticed it started to make a noise so I slowed down. I picked up speed again and the vehicle was making the noise and slowing down once again. I tried to pick up speed again and the car been to slow all the way down only going about 40 to 50 mph. Then I noticed a light come on. I was on the highway and the car would not go any faster than 40 to 60 mph I then pulled over. I looked under the hood there was no smoke and didn't look to be any overheating and the car was not hot. I waited a while drove to Mississippi took it to a Chrysler Jeep dealership and was told it was the transmission.

- Meridian, MS, USA

Dec 052013

Patriot 4-cyl

After snow melts or heavy rain the rear dome light fills with water & leaks on to floor.

- Warren, MI, USA