2.7

2008 Jeep Patriot steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Jeep Patriot:

2008 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Oct 312016

Patriot

Rear differential failed. The entire differential was replaced by Jeep through unlimited powertrain warranty. Problem solved. -the frame and body begun to rust. The problem started to appear when the car was less than 5 years old. The problem was brought up to Jeep. Jeep declined to fix or address the problem. -engine stalls every 11 seconds. Faulty code shows: P2107: Throttle actuator control module processor. The throttle module was replaced twice. Problem persists. The engine completely shuts down while driving. Very unsafe due to loss of steering. Currently, the car is not driveable - problem not fixed. Request research help

- Cedarville, OH, USA

May 312016

Patriot

Front cross member rotted out and failed state inspection. This cross member is what rack and pinion and control arms bolt too.. vehicle was stationary.

- Peru, ME, USA

Jun 052015

Patriot

I bought a new 2008 Jeep Patriot, that I park in garage in winter in the evening when not driving, this past summer (2015), I took my Jeep to get inspected and the mechanic at the garage said he can not pass it due to the rusted out sub frame that holds the steering, and front end parts; I called the Jeep dealer and they said they have the $600 dollar part on hand, which means to me that this is a common part that is failing. Since it is a box frame piece it appears that either the part was not cleaned or plated on the inside correctly, since these parts are rusting out from the inside to outside, and by the time you see the rust it is to late and rusted though causing a danger in frame and steering all within just a few years ( 6). All together this was a $900 dollar job to fix.

- Imperial, PA, USA

Oct 212015

Patriot

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Patriot. While driving approximately 30 mph, the steering wheel jerked to the left. In addition, the vehicle made an abnormal noise. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the subframe was corroded and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN and failure mileage were unknown.

- Schuylerville, NY, USA

Jun 132015

Patriot

I have 3 parts problem of my car. 1.) my steering wheel are not in the perfect balance.normal steering wheel face 12 oclock but slightly turning to right about 12:30 or 1 oclock position, so when I run at slow speed about 5 mph it turn right about 3 second and when you run it at high speed more worse. 2.) my 2 bearing part is worn out I guess, because I notice that I run at 55 or 60 mph at freeway it make alot of noise like rumbling sound feels like falling apart. The effected part is on the passenger side on the right and the other one is on the back side on the left both of them need to replce soon as possible this request is urgent for my family saftey I have 1 years old daughter riding with me and my wife. 3.) my last compalint is my car brake this is scary I ever experience I cant really hardly discribe. Many of day I drove my car run at speed of 25 or 30 mph and when I hit the bump and press the brakes the brake goes all the way its feel like shaking and the brakes barely touch the floor its happen many time so dangerious I check my brake dot oil it was good perfect level. And I also complaint my car body part the hood, the back fender right side and left rusty, dent & scratches hopefully I can get a help soon.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

May 012015

Patriot

The subframe assembly on my 2008 Jeep Patriot has begun rusting out. The outer tie rod ends and lower ball joints are also worn. Similar issues have been addressed through a parts recall on the 2007 Jeep Patriot. This degradation of steering/suspension parts on a 2008 model warrant a recall similar to that of the 2007 model.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

May 292014

Patriot 4-cyl

The left tie rod is bad and has to be replaced.

- Vilas, NC, USA