2.4

2009 Jeep Patriot brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Jeep Patriot:

2009 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Jul 102015

Patriot

My ABS, esp bas, and traction control lights went on on my dash showing that my vehicles safety features are disabled. I had just had the sensor module that controls these lights replaced back in December 2015 at an expense of $1266. Now 7 months later and 6000 miles later the system is not working again. The dealership will not cover the repairs again under warranty and claim I will have to pay again to have the repairs made. Who know how long this repair would last as the Jeep parts are obviously defective and their are many more complaints on-line about them. There is no doubt that there are a lot of Jeep owners driving around with their safety controls disabled because they can not afford these costly repairs...or can not afford to pay for them more then once! Jeep should have to honor these repairs under warranty or recall the defective parts before someone gets killed!

- Cocoa, FL, USA

May 202015

Patriot

The contact owns a 2009 Jeep Patriot. While being serviced for the brakes and rotors, the independent mechanic determined that the cradle, bolt joints, and tie rods were severely rusted and needed replacement. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 91,000.

- East Lansing, MI, USA

Aug 132014

Patriot 4-cyl

I have a 2009 Jeep Patriot at first my Jeep starting to rev up and down then the Jeep would jerk hard then speedometer needle would go from the speed I was going to zero to max it would do that a few times then it would not register at all after that my ABS light would come on my ESC light as well then my front brake would start to grab and lock the front end down, I work at a dealer ship so I unplugged the ABS module and it drove fine no problem expect I have no speed odometer when I got to work I pulled the codes and it told me it was the left front wheel speed sensor so I ordered one and replaced the part and hooked my ABS module back up test drove and checked codes all was fine later that after noon driving home from work I just pick up the kids from daycare it started to do it again this time when my brakes locked up it came to a dead stop I was going 55 mph on the highway I was able fight it to the side of the road and unplug the ABS module again and drove fine went to work the next day pulled codes once more told me it was the right front wheel speed sensor this time I order an new and replaced it, still doing the same thing it keeps jumping back and forth between codes from left to right. I think it might be the ABS module and those can get expensive. I would rather trade it for a Kia before I pay that money. This issues could have killed or severely hurt me and my family my kids where in the car both time.

- Waco, NC, USA

Sep 102012

Patriot 4-cyl

While driving vehicle, Patriot began to make a weird noise and when braking on any incline the brake pedal would fell as though it was bouncing and you could hear a ticking noise from passenger front area of car. Shortly after the ABS/traction control light came on. After having the car scanned at a local shop, it wasn't reading what was wrong. They reset computer and after driving over 20mph, the lightscame back on. I recently took it into a local mechanic shop where they analyzed the computer system and brake system. The back right passenger tire ABS sensor had failed and needs replaced along with the lower control arms and ball joints on the front right side estimating cost to fixes around $1000 for a car with 57,500 miles now.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Dec 242010

Patriot 4-cyl

Jeep has leaked on 3 occasions, while raining, comes inside the pillars, into the inside of the Jeep. Water covers gas and brake pads, runs into electrical and ruins carpet. Has been unsuccessfully fixed. Have not driven car in 18 months, had towed back to home. Headed to arbitration, but hear they will re-sell the car and fearful someone will get hurt in this car. Peddles become very slippery when water hits them and do not function correctly.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA