2011 Jeep Patriot accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Jeep Patriot:

2011 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Feb 262014

I live in wi and I have all my life. In February, here in wi, no doubt it's been cold. My windshield was fine that night. In the morning, my windshield and top of the Jeep was covered in snow. So as usual, when it's cold, I went to start my Jeep and let it heat up, as usual I put on defrost and went back into the house. I came back outside about 10 mins later to scrape off the snow, went back in got my son, we got into the Jeep, ready to go and we noticed (I do have pictures) I had a crack at the bottom of the windshield that ran from the passenger side, horizontal to driverside. I took it in and was told it looked like a common crack due to the cold. Okay, fine, I live in wi, it's cold, but I have had beaters of cars until I was out of college and I never once have had a windshield break due to the cold. I read another complaint on this web site were the back windshield just blew out. My insurance will cover, but it has a deductible and I feel Chrysler should cover it and I also feel they should but a little quality for safety purposes into the vehicles they are making.

- Eau Claire, WI, USA

Dec 222011

The contact owns a 2011 Jeep Patriot. The contact stated that the molding around the windshield was fractured. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer for inspection where they stated that the molding needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 6,000.

- Greenville, TN, USA