2011 Jeep Patriot wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Jeep Patriot:

2011 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Sep 112015

"death wobble". I experienced this on a short two hour trip where I couldn't control the card. Every time I hit a bump or tired to turn the car was hard to steer. This Jeep has on 40K on it and is 4 years old. I was travelling on the highway and genuinely feared for my life. I was over halfway to my destination so I got off the highway and took the back roads with my hazards on and went slow. The fact that Jeep is unwilling to reimburse me for the cost of the repair is upsetting. But what is more upsetting is how they have not issued a recall on this vehicle. I have spoken to several people with regards to the exact same issue and not just with the Patriot. This needs to be addressed before someone gets seriously injured or worse. I have no faith in the company now and do not trust the safety of the vehicle.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Jul 152015

Anti-lock braking system light turned on, then the anti-skid light turned on, then vehicle engaged in four wheel drive on its one. Rear passenger side wheel locked up and vehicle swerved to the right off the road.

- Acme, PA, USA

Jun 162012

In 2012 we had a nail through the tire of the 2011 Jeep Patriot that we bought new. When we took the car to tires plus to have the tire replaced. We were told that they couldn't legally replace just one tire. The tread wear was so awful; uneven, different tread variances, they couldn't match one used tire. How would they pick what tire to match it up too. We ended up with 4 new tires, we were also told at the time the uneven tread was doing damage to shocks and struts. A year later we took it in for new break pads and rotation, again, even with these "new" tires we were told tread was so uneven, it would be loud, be careful, excreta. I took the Jeep into a Jeep dealership for a recall 10/2013 "N01 recall" since I had in there I also opted to get transmission service/filter, they too talked to me about my tire wear. 11/2013ish my husband, stationed in hi purchases a new Jeep as well. Now we are stuck with two of these...2/2014 I find out the vehicle he purchase (not his, but others with same yr/make/model are already being recalled. Then my transmission goes out! a Jeep, we have just owned, higher miles all from hwy 94 from my husband compute when he lived in wi to fortmccoy...straight shot...65mh the whole way. In addition they fix sway bar link, arm control and tell me noise that still exists could be wheel bearing, my alignment was so off, they kept it an extra day. So I'm 5K into my vehicle I owed 3 years, the wheel bearing, alignment, sway bar, arm control, shocks, struts all I believe to whatever (I wish I new) was causing the uneven tread wear. There is something wrong! transmission different issue...or is it? I have been told as mentioned above they couldn't "legally" replace just one tire...then how for the last three years can Jeep legally let me drive my 4 kids in a vehicle that has obvious problems. Yes, I've called dealership, home office and BBB.

- Eau Claire, WI, USA

Feb 282012

The contact owns a 2011 Jeep Patriot. The contact stated that the tire pressure sensor (tps) failed. The tps warning light continued to illuminate on the instrument panel and the contact had to continuously add air to the tires. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection who stated that the tires were not included under warranty. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 5,000.

- Lacescenta, CA, USA

Jun 032012

Right front tire blew out causing loss of control of vehicle in sharp curve. Vehicle struck concrete culvert with left side and flipped at least twice, landing right side up.

- Mayfield, KY, USA