2012 Jeep Patriot fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Patriot:

2012 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 222012

This is the first of 2 incidents I have had with this car. I was coming back into California from Arizona on the 40 West with cruise control on at 75 mph. Without indication, the throttle revved to 4500 RPM and the car lost speed. The engine was unresponsive to the gas pedal. I cancelled cruise control, and from the left lane was able to get over to the right shoulder. When we came to a stop, the engine died. The fuel gauge read just over 1/4 of a tank. The car would not start again. We called roadside assistance and they called a tow truck. The dealership was closed and we had to stay the night in a hotel. The next morning the car was taken to the dealership. The tech found no issues and was able to start the car with no incident. The diagnostic revealed no codes or errors. We were able to drive home the rest of the way. My Jeep is a 4X4 with the trail rated package.

- Chatsworth, CA, USA

Sep 202012

Patriot 4-cyl

I was going down the freeway at 68 with cruise control on and when I tapped the brakes to kick the cruise off it slowly died and wouldn't restart, so had it towed and when it came off the truck it restarted(about an hour and a half later). My dealer contacted Chrysler and they said to change the fuel pumps(2) and fuel lines between tanks, this has been done but I haven't driven it much since. I heard on the radio that this or similar things had been occurring with this model so I wanted to put my 2 cents in and maybe here if there was a different fix for this problem>.

- New Plymouth, ID, USA

Sep 202012

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Patriot. The contact stated that he was driving approximately 68 mph with the cruise control engaged. The contact was approaching an off ramp and tapped the brakes to disengage the cruise control however, immediately after depressing the brakes the vehicle stalled. The contact tried restarting the vehicle but it would not respond. The vehicle was later towed to the dealer. After diagnosis, the technicians advised him that the fuel pump and the fuel lines between the fuel tanks needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired for two fuel pumps and the lines in between. The failure mileage was approximately 3,000. The current mileage was approximately 3,500. The VIN was unavailable.

- New Plymouth, ID, USA