9.3

2012 Jeep Patriot fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Patriot:

2012 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

May 112012

Patriot 4WD 4-cyl

Driving from las vegas to phoenix, filled up right before getting on the road. Went approximately 210 miles and ran out of gas with the fuel gauge showing 1/4 full. I was on a two lane road going approximately 65-70mph with the cruise control on and it just stopped. Luckily I was able to get off to the side of the road because there were many cars going the same speed behind me and was able to coast to the top of the hill. Luckily no one ran into me coming over that hill, unluckily I was 25 miles from the closest town with no cell reception and temperatures in the high 90's with my 6 year old in the car with me. Vehicle has been to a dealer four times for this issue, they don't know what is wrong. They have replaced many parts hoping that they found the problem. Also informed another vehicle in ca with same issue.

- Henderson, NV, USA