2012 Jeep Patriot wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Patriot:

2012 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Nov 302015

I was driving at a speed of 50mph around a curve in the road and the engine stalled and the check engine light came on. I tried to put tin neutral and restart it, it did not turn over. I put it in park and after 3 tries it started. I immediately took it to the dealership and they told me it was a crankshaft position sensor. This happened once before on a Saturday and when I took it in on Monday they told me without a check engine light they could not know what was wrong.

- Frankfort, IL, USA

Jun 052015

While turning into a parking spot the bolt in the ball joint broke causing damage to the axle, ball joint, and A-arm. After having the Jeep loaded on a flat bed and taken to a dealer for repair the mechanics told me I was lucky it happened in a parking lot rather than on the bypass I had just driven at which the speed limit is 70. If it had happened there it most likely would have been a very serious accident being the Jeep would have been uncontrollable. Has there been any talks of a recall for this problem ? I am hearing this is a problem that happens a lot with the factory installed parts but the after market parts seem to be ok so far. I am sure you are thinking it must be my driving and off roading but I only drive paved roads and have never had a ticket in the 34 years I have been driving.

- New Sharon, IA, USA

Jul 112012

When I first purchased the car, I notice that I had to fill up the gas every week. After a while the low air notification came on. Basically I find myself adding air to the tires once every few weeks. Since I've done that I noticed I have a little better gas mileage. But I wanted to know am I alone with the faulty tires or are they leaking and what should I do. Do I go back to the dealer? they are Goodyear brand of tires.

- Arlington Heights, IL, USA