4.6

2013 Jeep Patriot drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Jeep Patriot:

2013 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Aug 102016

Patriot

The transmission overheats and looses power. It will make a high pitched whining noise and then the overheating light comes on and the vehicle looses power. Very scary in 4 lanes of traffic. Has happened at least 20 times since June 2015 when I purchased the vehicle. Has been to two different Jeep dealerships that can find nothing wrong with it.

- Meadowview, VA, USA

Sep 212014

Patriot

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Patriot. While driving 70 mph, the transmission warning light illuminated and the vehicle started to decelerate. The contact stated that the failure occurred several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but the failure could not be duplicated. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 25,000. MA 10/8

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jun 262014

Patriot

Shortly after buying the 2013 Patriot, I noticed that it had a skip and was not shifting correctly. It would usually happen most of the time at take off from a still position and while going uphill, or at low speed (0 to 45mph) after taking it 3 times to the dealership because they couldn't figure it out, they finally sent it out of town to be checked, and low and behold they had to replace the whole transmission... with less than 10,000 mi!!!! and no its still no its working correctly, it still skips on occasion and usually at take off from a still position. Do not buy a Jeep! I never will again, and am worried for the future since I don't have the money to buy a different car. Also my brakes squeak, and have since the day I bought it, I believe they are defective as well. But the most concerning is the transmissions defiantly are defective and all Patriot owners I have spoke to have had the same problems, yet no recall! I guess someone will have to get hurt or worse first!

- Anniston, AL, USA

Sep 172014

Patriot

Jeep dealership said that the bearing went out in the transaxle which caused it to lock up. It locked up so hard that the case was cracked from the outside and all the fluid ran out of it. The dealership contacted corporate to see what they wanted to do. 3 days later, they replaced the transaxle. When I wanted to get copies of the pictures the dealership took, they said "no" and they belong to corporate because it is now in an investigation. I told them that I need the pictures because this could have locked up on the interstate and killed people. When we got the paperwork from the service guy, it said that we as the customer would "delight" in the installation of a witec system. We said no such thing. I think it is a wifi tracking monitoring system. I want there to be a record of this because it seems to me that if anything did happen, that they would try to cover it up.

- Clarkston, MI, USA

Oct 282013

Patriot

1st time: Started to hear a ticking sound from under hood. Took it to one dealership, they told me to keep driving it cause they could hear it but didn't want to find it. Took it to another dealership, test drove it, found it, found out bearings in transmission were bad. 2nd time: 4th gear started jumping out when driving down road. Got consistently worse, took into dealership. Dealership tore transmission apart again. Changed 3/4 gear fork, and 2 other parts in transmission.

- Greensboro, PA, USA

Dec 242013

Patriot

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Patriot. The contact stated that while traveling various speeds, the transmission shifted erratically. The vehicle was not repaired or diagnosed. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 14,102.

- Alburtis, PA, USA