2014 Jeep Patriot body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Patriot:

2014 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Aug 242016

Patriot

"air bag recall" was in an accident in my Jeep Patriot and had the car totaled out. The side and front airbags never deployed when I was hit.

- Perris, CA, USA

Dec 092013

Patriot 4WD 4-cyl

I was driving my Jeep on the thruway and it seemed to sound really loud, like a motorcycle, the Jeep was not running right, could not accelerate normally, and I could smell a funny smell. After a while the noise started to drop, but it was still noticeably louder than before. I was not sure what was going on and I told my dad about it after I got home. He went outside to check it out and noticed the exhaust system had flipped and the tail pipe was lodged up in the bumper, the plastic was melted, a hole was burnt in the bumber, and part of the frame was melted too. We called the dealership to get it fixed since the vehicle is still under warranty (before the first oil change) but they refused claiming that the car was hit, although no sign of impact can be found. We called Chrysler and after a few months of going back to the dealers to have pictures taken and discussions they refused to fix the Jeep too. I know, this is an issue on the Patriot especially since I found a few identical complaints (something about tolerance stack up resulting in a shorted exhaust system), and since it is so close to the gas tank, I am very lucky the vehicle did not catch on fire before resetting the exhaust system into position. I am not sure what to do next! I am 100% sure I should not be responsible for this repair.

- Lewiston, NY, USA

Sep 252014

Patriot 4-cyl

We were driving North and came upon an intersection where we put our turn signal on, and slowed down and stopped, about to turn West. The light turned red, and we slowly drove West onto the crossing street. Another vehicle that was driving South proceeded through the red light, at about 45 mph, and hit the 2014 Jeep Patriot broadside, passenger side. The Jeep was pushed and spun 90 degrees from the impact of the collision, we were tossed around violently in our seats, with the passenger obtaining contusions and abrasions to her arm closest to the impact site. She had also banged her head against the window and strained her neck from the impact, on the passengers side of the Jeep. And finally, had strained the muscles in her lower back from getting thrust at the direction of the impact site. The driver had suffered an impact abrasion to his left arm, leaving an imprint of the seat belt material into his skin. He had also suffered muscle strains and lower back strains from the force of the impact. Again, while being hit from a vehicle going 45 mph, and leaving damage that had literally started to fold the vehicle at the midpoint, and collapsed the wheel and axle, not a single airbag had deployed in this vehicle. If the vehicle that had collided with this Jeep had been driving near 65 mph, death would have been almost certain...updated 10/06/14 updated 3/25/2015

- Surfside Beach, SC, USA