4.9

2014 Jeep Patriot fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Patriot:

2014 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Feb 012016

Patriot

I purchased this vehicle with 34, 000 miles Dec 2015. It ran well until 3000 mi into driving it, some days it would not start. It would take me multiple attempts of turning the ignition......no cranking.....just nothing. So I took it to the dealer I purchased it from and they said it started fine, no problems. Well it continued to occur without any notice and I returned to the dealer 5000 mi. Later and they said for an xtra $40 they could perform a diagnostic test! I explained I felt they should do that at their expense since I only bought the car in Dec. They declined and said if I were change my mind they would run a test.....6 months later the car sometimes starts and now its loosing power on hills and highway.....poor pickup....im fedup and ready to sell this vehicle and I have extended warranty on this car that im paying for and cant even depend on it.

- Stroudsburg, PA, USA

Jun 162016

Patriot

The contact owns a 2014 Jeep Patriot. While driving various speeds greater than 50 mph, the vehicle suddenly began jerking and hesitating before losing power and shutting off. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel pump was faulty and needed to be replaced. The fuel pump was replaced, but the failure continued. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 12,000.

- Gamerco, NM, USA

Jun 132015

Patriot

Traveling East on HY89 at approx 08:30 with cc set at 70. On 6% uphill grade RPM dropped to 2300 and speed to about 35, pressed acceler and fuel shut off. Car has auto trans with cvt trans. Fiddled with gear shift and acceleration resumed. On the way back had same experience but when RPM started to drop, turned off cc and operation was normal. No problems with smaller hills. Made same trip several times prior with RPM around 3500 and speed about 60 in same spots.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA